Problem on Samsung 8 dual sim after /e/ update

Hello Everybody,
First I would like to thank warmly the /e/ developpers because I fell in love with /e/ on my samsung 8. What a wonderful project !
Secondly I need help…sorry for that.
I installed /e/ on my Samsung 8 SM G950F thanks to the easy installer on my linux computer. First everything went well and then I updated it and it seems, but I am not 100% sure, that my second sim does not work anymore. I am sure it does not work anymore but I am not sure it is exactly after the update. Would you have some ideas ? It is a real big problem for me since my second seem is for work and I don’t receive any calls from my clients ! I really need it to work and I do not want to install android back, please !!!
Thank you so much for your help and understanding,
Andounna

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi @Andounna welcome to the /e/ forum. You might see how you get on with this HOW-TO Manage Dual SIMs

Getting Started on /e/OS

Yes, try to intervert SIM cards

Thank you both !
It is ok I know how to manage settings for the both sims and it did work before. I tried to invert them too.
The second sim slot does not seem to work since I do not receive any signal from the second sim. I can see the bars place but there are no bars for signal. The first sim slot work very well. If I invert them, it is my personal sim which does not receive signal.
I am puzzled…

Maybe not relevant, but you can check network settings with the dialer, compose *#*#4636#*#*

Prefered network protocols/bands to use, depends of your country/carrier

I tried with your network settings, when i choose the first sim for Internet, the pings pass, when I select the second sim for internet, the pings fail, nothing is written in the actual network, vocal network is only EDGE, Vocal service: emergency only. And I have no network with this second sim whatever place I am, even where the network is very good :-(…

I recognize this issue, I experience the same on my OnePlus 5. I worked around it for now by forwarding all calls from my second SIM to my first SIM.

Would be nice if this was fixed in the next update

Oh ! Thank you so much… I did not know it could be done, I am going to work on that.
Yes, it would be so great, if you could work on it in the next update ;-).
Thanks a lot !
Andounna

I just updated to 0.20 release. Problem seems to have gone away.

1 Like

My phone does not think there is a 0.20 release :-(… I have the 0.19-202111027142975, and it seems to exist no new update for my phone (Samsung S8 SM G950F…)

there is a bug in the updater, it asks if you are sure for updating to e-0.18
when you already have e-0.18 installed on your device,
but it download the right e-0.19 .zip file

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.