Proton mail app

Unfortunately, yes, there was a message like “the app can’t be used if it’s not updated” but the screen was unstable.

By the way, I don’t get emails notifying me of your responses. Does that happen to you?

All right so looks like ProtonMail dropped the support of this version…

Click to show the out of topic reply

I guess you don’t receive notifications because even if I click on the reply button of a post, once I publish my reply it’s not considered as a reply of the post but of the topic.
It happens since my registration.

And maybe your level of notification isn’t enough ? Maybe your are “tracking” instead of “watching”.
I don’t really know.

Hi @IlarioQ please can you share device and /e/ OS build version details

@Manoj protonmail crashes also on the current testbuild. issue

It is working perfectly on my test build…which is Pie so wanted to check if this is device / OS specific as well.

I tried to install pie, but it didn’t work, the phone turned on but the screen stayed black.

Time to get rid of nougat builds and officially upgrade to the next level…

2 Likes

If it goes… of course.

Can you tell me how you did the update? Before flashing system, dalvik, data and cash should be wiped.

From memory, I didn’t write the following steps but they are the ones written on the site, I did wipe format data (where you have to type YES) then advanced wipe CACHE and SYSTEM then the ADB SIDELOAD procedure.

I followed the procedure described on the site after the TWRP part.

Exactly, because for most devices supported by /e/ OS there are 8-Oero and 9-Pie UNOFFICIAL builds of which work well. For example @Unknown’s e-0.7-o-20190929-UNOFFICIAL-s2.zip

On this basis, the Maintainers of /e/OS Build Team could continue to develop instead of dealing with every little problem with 7-nougat.

I don’t understand, is that the oreo version of /e/ for S2 in the link?

Yes, but “only” a UNOFFICIAL build of 8-Oero for the LeEco Le 2 (X526), by @Unknown. The OFFICIAL build of /e/ OS is still dev (nougat).

By the way: The term of /e/ versions is …
e-0.7-n- = 7-nougat
e-0.7-o- = 8-oreo
e-0.7-p- = 9-pie

Have I been able to express myself in understandable words?

Absolutely! Many thanks!

I got a phone that doesn’t do what I want, might as well try it!

No issues with Protonmail on my Motorola G4 Nougat system.

Me neither on g4, only on leeco s2.