Re-opening: Issues with Spotify on 1.15 stable & 1.16 dev

Hi there,

I’m re-opening the thread Issues with Spotify on 1.15 stable & 1.16 dev since, at least for me, this problem has not been resolved. I’m still experiencing the problems @cyril.paulin and other users have stated, the most important one being the frozen Spotify lockscreen widget.

In Dec @cyril.paulin posted the following questions, which I wanted to answer to. Perhaps others would like to, too:

1/ Anyone tested spotify on another type of device? I have a similar type of issues with spotify on linux with bluetooth devices.
2/ has anyone opened an issue with Spotify?
3/ does anyone using other music streaming services (deezer and the likes) on mur/e/na encounters similar issues?

1/ Spotify works fine on my ipad, on my laptop running windows, and on my husbands phone running iodé.
2/ I have not yet.
3/ I also use Amazon Prime, which works fine on the lock screen.

I conclude that this is a problem concerning particularly Spotify AND /e/OS.

Any updates/news/still similar problems/ideas on how to fix this anyone?

Juli

2 Likes

Since the last update(s) Spotify is not working properly and up to now there’s no apparent solution. This is particularly annoying when it comes to skipping songs and start/stopping music on a Bluetooth headset. It just doesn’t work. My workaround was to restart my mobile and that did work. Annoying but it works.
Another workaround I just discovered is to force stop Spotify, delete Spotify’s cache and restart it. It does the same without having to restart the whole system.
I guess this is our best shot until a proper solution is found :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.