Redmi Note 4 (mido) e-0.15-q-20210320-UNOFFICIAL-mido.zip

This is an unofficial build I compiled from the /e/-sources and Zeelog’s device tree (kernel 4.9).
If you want to try it, please backup your data.
Flash with orangefox, because TWRP complains about a treble error.

https://emma.cloud.tabdigital.eu/s/dYGQjPtCiNtcJin

Have fun and keep mido alive!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

5 Likes

Hello @Midoodim, thanks for sharing your /e/OS work.

For weeks I’ve been using 'Zeelog’s LineageOS 18.1 on a secondary device alongside /e/ OS ‘Q’. It runs amazingly well - including OTA updates, security patch level 5. March 2021 and zeelog release-keys.

By the way: TWRP 3.5.0_9-0 and LOS 18.1 work well together.

Hi, I m using /e/ OS 0.15-q-20210225-UNOFFICIAL-mido now. So if I want to install your e-0.15-q-20210320-mido, can I do Dirty Flash. Will it be ok ?
Thanks

It should be OK, but you never know before you try.
A clean flash is always a good decision.
Backup anyway.

1 Like

Hi,
I tried to download 3 or 4 times on different browsers but I could not download it fully.
Some times it shows 25 mb and other times 130 mb and it also shows “completed” in the browser downloader.

Plz. help me.
Thanks

Hi Zeno,
I will check it this afternoon.

Thank you for the information.

Maybe your connection is unstable? I just downloaded the file without problems…

1 Like

I once tried on pc and then on mobile. Is the link Resumable ?

Thanks

It’s in nextcloud. You should be able to resume if your download manager supports it.

Hi Zeno,
I downloaded the file from nextcloud without any problem. I also checked the md5 hash…

If you still can’t download it, you might provide me with a link to a place where I can upload the file for you.

1 Like

Thanks,
At last it was downloaded and flashed.

Thanks again.

Thanks for this sharing!
Bevor trying it, two questions. Does your build include the backup solution from Seedvault, which allows to make a backup to a Nextcloud server?
And do you think you will maintain this build in the future with upgrades over the air?

Hi,
this is the original sourcecode from /e/. Therefore the build includes all features of the official builds (but nothing more).
I have the intention to release monthly updates because I have the suspicion that there will never be an official q-version for mido. But I haven’t figured out how to make OTA updates.

1 Like

Hi @SuzieQ,
The Muppets support mido for los 17 but not 18. Zeelog has the device code for lineage 18.

1 Like

Great going :+1:

Thanks

Can you teach me or give step by step easy guide for how to do that.
I m not a programmer but i think i should do that.

Thanks

Hi Zeno,
it is good to hear that it is working fine.
I will send you a link and some advice (probably tomorrow). Compiling a Rom takes a lot of time and hardware.

1 Like

Hi,
Let me see.

Thanks

Good morning @Zeno,
please send an email to harry.hirsch at e.email and tell me what hardware and software you will use to build the rom (ram, disk, linux/windows/ios).

1 Like

Ok,
give me some time to do that.
See you again.