Samsung Galaxy S5 - klte : update from Pie to Q or R

Hello,

Two S5 at home (my wife and me).
This phone is currently under /e/ Pie, and LineageOS R.
Is it possible to update /e/ to Q or R for this model ?

Thanks

Edit :
I made this post in “device-suggestions” section, but it has been changed to “support”.
My question is : is it possible for /e/ team to make a Q or R version of /e/ for this phone, as it is available in version R of LineageOS ?
Should I create a bug to ask this update ?

I hope this is what you are looking for.
Thanks to @itsclarence

1 Like

@Duper thanks for your answer, @itsclarence thanks for this work
That’s what I am looking for, but I don’t know what is involved by using an unofficial build. I don’t have too many technical skills, nor too much time to manage my phone. Will the official updates be possible afterwards ?
Why the work done by @itsclarence is not integrated by /e/ ?

Meanwhile I found this post: Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices
The build for Samsung Galaxy S5 - klte is scheduled for 2021W43, I hope it will be delivered this time - I also found this post: [Device Roadmap] Android 9 (Pie) & 10 (Q) : The plan whith Android 10 Q but the build was never delivered.

1 Like

Hi mate,

There is very little difference with Official and Unofficial builds as far as I know. Official will give you Over The Air updates.
There is no difference with installing unofficial/official builds and simple to update to official.
There are plenty of online forums such as XDA that will help you with “how to install a custom rom” step by step.
I’m currently using @itsclarence latest unofficial Pie build for my kltedv variant S5. Works great!
Good luck

1 Like

As they are Test Builds, there is an opportunity here to try a migration from q to r,
using seedvault backup settings of the Q and restore settings in R

1 Like