Samsung Galaxy Tab2 espressowifi (two models 7 & 10)

These are positive signs and it’s very well traceable, because both devices are identically equipped Tab2 7.0 except for the GSM module (cellular connectivity). P3100 - P3110

I have found this page :

#205 - don’t use on ROMs i haven’t compiled

Richt, kein result, black screen

Back to Andi’s unofficial lineage-14.1_espressowifi-7.1.2-20190730-1240.zip

until now i only found one source which is actually buildable with /e/, and that is what i shared with you guys :confused:

Thanks again, @Chimpthepimp

I do not have knowledge about building, but I would understand :

1./ Could you please link me the sources you are talking about.
2./ what is missing in our case
I have heard about “vendor’s”, " kernel’s", “device’s” are needed, what else ?
3./ And what about the warnings during the build process ?

friendl/e/.
piero

For me, Tab 2 is a reminiscence of Android 4.x from 2012. The oldie with 1 GB RAM simply has no future with Android 9, which is okay.

A look at the Lineage Build roster shows where the near future lies and it is worth investing knowledge and time in further development.

@Chimpthepimp, thanks again for your efforts. By the way: The espressos are still waiting for you …

there is no future, OK,
but /e/nougat on my old Tablet awaiting for the apocalypse…
« Punk Is Not All Dead ? »

Noob here. I have a gt-p5113. Out of the box it was practically unusable and sat unused. Some research and I found some ROMs that helped. Found out the problem was with the pit file. By then I lost the oem lag rom. Needless to say I tried almost all ROMs I could find.
L14 was pretty laggy compared to mm ROMs (L13). Currently I am using ua mm ROM (not on the tab atm). It functions pretty well with gapps ( I only found chrome working to interface with the manufacturer) I am no dev. I am good at bricking however! Since I am stuck home I have been trying to get the tab working so I can use it for wiring diagrams at work.
I successfully installed/e/ on my old phone athene and tried a bit. I was impressed. I hope I can be of some help here.

Welcome to /e/ community, @Luvsespresso.

Thanks and nice to be able to hopefully be of use here. @archje

Hi,

For me Replicant 6 was laggy, and the first LOS 14 i have tested too,
the one i use was laggy at the firsts boots too (during the configuration), but after some reboots it works well for me !
( i haven’t tried his OverClocking kernel )

What does means « mm ROM » and « ua mm ROM » ?

Mm= marshmallow Android. U A = Unlegacy Android

I suppose to be clear: Unlegacy Android 6 marshmallow. Any of the 7/nougat ROMs were slow ( all I found) compared to the 6/ marshmallow ROMs I tested

Mm= marshmallow Android. U A = Unlegacy Android

I’am new with android and ROM manipulation, i bought a android device especially for /e/ in 2019 october, and i have quite never read or write in english before this forum

I understand. Good choice. /e/ is the rom you are using. I bought this espressowifi in 2012 new. In my search for a rom that works better and more secure than Android 4.4, the original over the air (ota) update, I found this one. Today I was going to see if I could build it myself but chimppimp beat me to being unsuccessful. Until now this thread didn’t exist.

I have bought my Galaxy Tab 2 last week for 15€, i had tried Replicant 6 (mm), but wifi and camera don’t works, and i tried LOS nougat to see if /e/ could work on it, but i don’t want gogol stuffs,
2 days ago i posted

I still have the box I bought in a shop in 1999, with CDs for mandrake linux 8.0 or 8.1, I don’t remember, I only started using mandrake 9.2 on my PCs in 2001 and I gave up windows in 2003.
I installed a debian-linux on my old G4 apple laptop in 2013.

I used Nokia phones for a long time, with azerty keyboard after 2010, then a zte with firefoxOS after 2015, and finally an iPhone 5s after 2017.

Because I don’t like Macrosoft and Gogol,
Today I want to use /e/, I don’t have enough money for Librem…
and i like @GaelDuval’s work

Any word? @archje about any further attempt?

I will shsre the manifest by andi34 for cm14.1 that i used for the build that actuallly build something tomorrow when i m back at my laptop … :smiley:
Me myself i am nit sure what exactly is missing, i would have thought thst it is about the kernel but afteryour tests it seems it isn tnd i do not have enough knowledge to determine why it is not booting, all i know is trial and error :confused:
And about 3rd point, usually there are some warnings appearing but the process continues budings,ame for espresso but it were quite a lot, the new 0.8 does not give any logfile anymore and i won t be standing by the laptop to read them carefully, just to many of them… Also all in all the amount of processed files during build seems to be quite low with 33k files, normally i face at least 60k… But that could be nothing as well…

By the way i m building on old thinkpad x230 from 2013, which i rigged up a little :smiley: