Samsung SM-p613 (galaxy tab s6 lite wifi 2022 version)

I recently bought the above mentioned Tablet (Samsung galaxy tab s6 lite) - without realising that there are several versions and the device I bought (version SM-p613, 2022) is not supported (neither by /e/ nor any other custom ROM as far as I see

The device is running on Android 12

I would be really grateful if this device is due to be liberated.

I tried to install the /e/ version dedicated to SM-P610 (galaxy tab s6 lite wifi, previous version - 2019?) but was stopped by Heimdall receiving the error “Heimdall failed to send handshake” (maybe for some higher reasons)

thx

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

You have to post devices trees if you want to “stimulate” a build, otherwise try GSI (Generic System Images).

Hi Forart,
thanks for the advice - but, please excuse my ignorance, what is a device tree, where do get it from?

First :
what is the device codename ?
Is it different than the supported one ?
List of HOWTOs & add your suggestions

Edit :
I found that the SM-P613 device codename is gta4xlvewifi
Note that the “ve” for “Value Edition” differ than the one
supported SM-P610 device codename is gta4xlwifi

HI Piero,
thank you for that information - and regarding the fact that there is no chance on liberating this tablet I refrain from learning what exactly a device tree migtht be. - and mark this problem as solved although no solution is possible

I am sorry to hear your device seems to have a locked bootloader.

This is a useful question for anyone who puts in an Request a Device.

Subscribers who read the opening post to the category About the Request a Device category see

Please note requests should be made in the following form:
TITLE Brand Model - Device codename (if known)
ex: Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus - vince

A guide: [HOWTO] Find device codename

Device trees can be found in multiple locations, they are an extract of all the device specific and proprietary code needed by any custom ROM builder to liberate the device.

An example location is the repositories of LineageOS found here

If you submit a valid device codename for a device supported (or supported in the past) by LineageOS into the Search bar the device tree is revealed.

Our example: Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus - vince
Leads to: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_vince

If a device is found currently supported and trouble free in LineageOS a ROM builder may be able to build /e/ without having actual access to the device.

2 Likes

Hi @piero, on what facts is your issue based?

My Fact #1
There is only one chipset variant for the SM-P613: Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm). A Samsung Exynos SoC Edition does not exist.

My Fact #2
There is no USA specific processor variant (generally locked bootloader) for the SM-P613, but there is an international version, divided into continents / country versions:

Asia
Europe [(France (XEF), Italy (ITV, UK (BTU), etc.)
Nordic (NEE) + Baltic (SEB) Europe
Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)

Because I don’t have a device, I can’t prove it, but I assume that the SM-P613 doesn’t have a permanently locked bootloader, which is why an OEM Unlock can be achieved in the usual way for Samsung stock Android 12 devices. Then the way is free to install at least a Generic System Images- GSI List

When SM-P610 was based on the "internationnal " processor variant.

the new SM-P613 seems based on the same processor as the Galaxy Note 9 USA market dedicated variant (générally locked bootloader),

so there are only very, very thin chance for an open-source custom android build…
check xda forums during the next mounths…in case.

The official name of the version refreshed by Samsung is:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (2022 Edition) (Wi-Fi).
SM-P613NZAATGY
Newly Designed 4,096 pressure level S Pen

Comparing the specs of the original (Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 2020) and the 2022 edition, two important things stand out. The first is the Android version: the new slate comes with Android 12 instead of 10. The second is the chipset, as a Snapdragon 720G (8nm) replaces the Exynos 9611 (10nm).

The original Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (SM-P610 (Wi-Fi)) was updated to Android 12 with One UI 4.0 a few months ago. The rest is the same.

However, the important thing is: There is only an International [country version :top: ]Âą of the [Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (2022 Edition) (Wi-Fi) SM-P613] Âą with Soc Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G, but no official special USA version with permanently locked bootloader.

¹I’m not allowed to put a link.

Hello,
I’d like to know if there is any chance to install e OS on this model now.

I have a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
SM-P613
R52TA08WKHT

It is currently on Android 12 but it offers me an update (I guess the Android 13 update)

I assume that the SM-P613 doesn’t have a permanently locked bootloader, which is why an OEM Unlock can be achieved in the usual way for Samsung stock Android 12 devices. Then the way is free to install at least a Generic System Images

Could you tell me more in details how to do this ?
Is there a way to install it quite simply with Odin on Windows ?

Thank you