Satellite.me app not working

The Satellite.me app (German mobile number with 100 free minutes per month) from the /e/ appstore is not fully opening. I think it needs a Google account, so one was set up and put into MicroG. Still the app is not working. Anyone having similar issues or a solution to this? thanks!!!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

According this post it is not possible

Q: Do you expect the Android Verison to support LineageOS or to do without Google APIs?

A: Not at the moment. Without the Google Stack the app is currently not usable. I don’t want to rule out the possibility that we will detach ourselves from the Google Stack at some point, but at this point in time that is very unlikely.

**Translated by DeepL

Well most Android apps work on LineageOS even if they don’t support it explicitly and having microG isn’t the same as “without Google API”. It would be good to find precisely what it needs and it doesn’t get.

I used the app successfully for a month+, got notified of incoming calls, didn’t encounter any non working components

It didnt work for me when i was on Android 9, but seems to work with e on Android 10… I can login and receive notifications, just havent tried calls yet.
I have NOT setup a google account in microg, but i have enabled device registration and Cloud Messaging.