SD card no longer working after update to 0.19

I had a working SD card which contained lots of data, also data in active use by apps. It was set up to be read-writable but was visible as a separate root folder (“SD card”), not as an extension to internal memory.

After the update to 0.19, I get the notification “Issue with SD card” and that I need to format it.
How can I reclaim the data I had on that card?

EDIT: Card doesn’t seem to be readable on Windows. I’m not sure it was formatted as portable storage (I simply don’t remember all the hoops I had to jump through back then to make it write-accessible to apps), so that might be as expected.

As it’s configured as portable SD card it’s probably not encrypted and can be put in any other device (any SD card reader) and be read there.
Or you might try to restart your phone to check if it’s mounted correctly on that second attempt.
Just don’t format it.

Ok, I can read the card on Windows now (first card adapter was defective). However, I could not mount it even after another reboot. How do I get it back working?

My idea is: Download all data, format it,upload the data back onto the card. Any better ideas?

2 Likes

I had the same issue earlier and - for me - without any reason (no update etc.). I could read and copy the data (most of it) on my PC (Linux Mint) but could not format the SD card afterwards or even delete or create partitions on it. Trying this resulted in error messages and in the end I had to replace the SD card.

Successfully updated my FP3 to 0.19 meanwhile. The (new) SD card is still accessible.