Signal does not share my location

Hi All,
I run 0.18 on my FP3+ and recognized that I can’t share my position via signal. Can you check if you have the same problem? If so, it would make sense to open a bug… So, let me know please if you can share your location with signal or not.

Regards
Aleks

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

2 Likes

I can think of multiple ways to do that. Please try to describe the method, that you want to use for sharing your position, as precisely as possible, so that your issue can be identified.

Hi Markus,
I use the ootb function of Signal. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a chat
  2. Press “+” on the right hand side of the text window
  3. select “location”
  4. Wait until your location is found
  5. confirm

Now: expected behavior would be to see an arrow that sends your location but this arrow does not appear. Instead the “+” is still there. The position on the map is displayed within the chat but there is no way to share this position since the the arrow to send the position is missing. Entering text will cause the arrow the appear but wont share the location.

Thank you for your interest and I hope this helps.
Regards
Aleks

2 Likes

Exactly the same Problem Here… You think you can send it but there is just no Option to send, its really weird
Same os in Galaxy s9

I can confirm the same symptoms. /e/ v0.18.1-r on XZ2C with Signal Version 5.17.3.

I also confirm this behaviour.
I have /e/ version 0.15 Q on samsung A5 2016 (a5xelte).

I add that Signal can’t locate me, I have to move/zoom the map to position myself manually (I allowed connection sharing).

I add that the location screen capture refers to maps.google.com

Based on a related ticket in Signal, See Sending location to a contact fails when using microg · Issue #9101 · signalapp/Signal-Android · GitHub, this seems to be caused by missing functionality in microG.

1 Like

Signal has labeled this issue as “help wanted”:

1 Like