Skip updates for /e/ OS to not waste resources

Hi.

I’m a long time user of /e/ OS and had many phones running /e/OS. Until recently I was very interested in installing the latest builds as soon as they were available, however lately I wanted to wait a bit more or for various reasons I didn’t want to risk getting bugs (for example if I was away from home).

My daily driver is a Oneplus 7 Pro phone running /e/OS4.0-a16 and the only available update it shows me is the /e/OS 4.1.1 that was released July 18. I would like to upgrade to 4.3 which is available for quite some time now, but I don’t want to go trough 4.1.1 → 4.2 → 4.3 . That would be a completely unnecessary waste of resources first for Murena bandwith ( I would have to download 3 times the ISO) and also a lot of time wasted installing something that is not going to be used.

Can something be done about it? I can use the local update but many people might not know how to do this.

On my phones running iode OS I don’t have this problem. It’s also possible that on other of my phones running /e/OS more updates are appearing but I have to double check.

If you tap the 3 dots at the top right of the screen shown in your screenshot and then select ‘Preferences’, is ‘See all available updates’ enabled?

2 Likes

Thank you for your report. After writing the post I have “manually” updated to 4.3 by using local update. While checking now the settings it is indeed not active, though I don’t remember ever entering these settings never mind modifying them.

Yet still if the settings would be to be treated as “normal” I think only the latest update should appear and not the older ones.