With the Upgrade to /e/ v0.20 I had to get help from devs when the UK NHS Covid-19 app failed.
At this update the current “MicroG with Exposure Notification API” was not delivered with the /e/ Update and Exposure Notification (EN) had to be installed manually.
- How does the Covid-19 contact tracing work?.
- Steps to install Exposure Notifications API on /e/OS
- Configuring an application to work with microG EN
- How to disable the app or the framework?
- How to deal with microG Exposure Notifications and /e/OS updates
To provide maximum privacy and security Microg Core is provided by /e/ with no Exposure Notification.
If you want to use a Contact tracing App that uses EN, you must install /e/'s MicroG Exposure Notification API manually.
It is only available from Apps.
If you were using a contact tracing App that uses EN and an /e/ version update is installed which happens to contain a version of MicroG Core more recent than your existing EN; then that version of EN will likely be dropped and your contact tracing app will no longer work.
- Make sure the device is connected to the internet.
- Navigate to Settings > System > Advanced > MicroG > Click on Exposure Notifications (tap to add…) , which opens up the Apps store
- microG with Exposure Notification API should be available for install.
- OR From Apps store, select Categories tab and scroll down to System apps and click on it.
- Click on Install button.
- Open your Covid tracing app
Navigate to Settings > System > Advanced > MicroG > Click on Exposure Notifications (tap to add…) , which opens up the Apps store
- Exposure Notifications is Off
- About MicroG Services Core Version number has suffix (noen)
In Apps microG with Exposure Notification API should be available for install; > Install
It is probably unneccessary to return to MicroG Settngs
- Exposure Notifications is actually still showing Off
- About microG Services Core Version of MicroG is a full version. that is, (noen) is no longer seen.
Open your Covid tracing app (this turns EN on).
MicroG > Exposure Notifications confirms all ok.
Stay strong, Stay safe