[SOLVED] Signal notifications (without MicroG) don't work since the 4.59.? version

What do you mean by "Reregistering the Signal service
" ?
I’ve this issu with the notifications since the 4.59 version. The updates didn’t solve the problem (currently I have the 4.65.2).

Thanks for jour help.

3-dot menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> de- and reactivate Signal messages and calls

OK thanks a lot.
I had to reinstall, and now it works fine.
Next time I’ll try your method.

Thanks again.

This is interesting with Signal: In Settings there is Apps and then Signal. It has the “Data usage” option. It shows the amount of data used but if you tap on it, there are further options: Block Mobile Data, Block Wlan, Block VPN.

This is what I tried, blocked all three and did a restart (meanwhile there were messages sent from an other phone waiting to be delivered). Although all three were blocked, there were Signal notifications and the messages got delivered.

Actually on a phone with LineageOS 14.1, I also saw apps that used data even if it was supposed to be disable for those apps.

On one side that’s really strange, on the other side it does not make look like Android as a secure trustworthy OS.

I mean if someone blocks an app in the Android settings from connecting to the internet and that app still connects, than there might be something wrong.

This is one of the things why I think that the whole android ecosystem might be hopeless in terms of data protection.

Btw I posted a screenshot above showing “Unknown App” connections to a Signal server. It looks they are made by Signal if it is installed in Shelter.

Permanent control of connections is good, there are always strange ones made by different apps.

1 Like

In my case, Signal notifications were blocked by Blokada. Disabling Blokada made Signal’s notifications come back