Support Moto G4 Plus?

There are a few Moto G4 models in the list of supported phones. Does one of these work also on the G4 Plus?
I am no expert and have no spare phones if the change to eOS does not work. Can I dare it?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi @LITTLEc,
Welcome to /e/land

([HOWTO] Find device codename)

([HOWTO] Get your device code using adb)

(UNOFFICIAL OREO BUILD Motorola MotoG 4 Plus [athene])

Not for your model, but clearer in complement to the official obscur install documentaion for your model :
Very well illustrated [HOWTO] install /e/OS on an Android device by @manish

Hello @LITTLEc,

Yes, I would dare! Not because the two Moto-G4 variants are like one egg to another, but because both are “internally” largely the same. This means that the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus work with the Qualcomm MSM8952 Snapdragon 617 chipset and differ only in the main camera: Motorola Moto G4: 13 MP, f/2.0, AF vs. Motorola Moto G4 Plus: 16 MP, f/2.0, PDAF, Laser AF. The Micro-A ports of the G4 models are also electrically identical: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go. The visible difference between the G4 and the G4 Plus is the fingerprint sensor on the front.

The /e/ documentation speaks of the Motorola Moto G4 - “athene” and doesn’t name an explicit model, just like LineageOS Motorola Moto G4 (athene).

The maintainer “corlatemanuel” designates the Lenovo Motorola G4 Plus (XT1642) also codenamed “athene” and has built an unofficial LOS build: Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus LineageOS 15.1 Oreo 8 ROM → lineage-15.1-20180318-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip

→ Here is a unofficial LOS 14.1 Build → lineage-14.1-20181206-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip

→ Here Athene / XT1642/XT1622 CustomROMs listing is very worth reading.

Here (in German( the installation of LineageOS on Moto G4 Plus is described (Tip: use → Translate with www.DeepL.com/Translator)

→ Very informative: Moto G4 Plus ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, & Other Development

If you need further help installing /e/ OS, please contact us again here.
If you have successfully installed a custom ROM on your Moto G4 Plus, please let us know.

Good luck to you

This topic was automatically closed after 171 days. New replies are no longer allowed.