I’ve been missing the Swype function of the Gboard keyboard for a while now. I found several topics on Lineage’s reddit and alos this post : Swype keyboard for /e/ where a tutorial for installing the appropriate library from Gapps is explained.
Namely, this procedure :
- download (pico) opengapps for your archtecture https://opengapps.org/
- extract the zip package
- in extracted folder “Optional”, extract swipelibs-lib-XXX.tar.lz (install lzip if you need)
- in extracted folder “common/lib” now you have the libjni_latinimegoogle.so for your archtecture
- reboot to recovery and, with twrp, mount system (there is an option in there)
adb push libjni_latinimegoogle.so /system/system/lib/
(maybe in your case is system/system/lib64)
- umount system in twrp
- reboot now and it will work.
However, the Gesture typing menu is not appearing after reboot…
I am using a Oneplus3T with the latest /e/os rom. I downloaded the Arm64_Android10_stock OpenGapps package from the OpenGapps website.
Has anyone experienced similar trouble ?