I’m on Mint mobile and purchased the Tera 2e with /e/ os by default, I’m coming from the iPhone SE 2020 and here were my initial impressions:
- OS functions well, visually stunning app icons, really love this as an Apple user
- Magic Earth: ran it side by side with google maps and turn by turn was spot on
*Fingerprint scanner is very snappy/responsive, quickly unlocks phone
*App store has a good selection of apps
- It’s anti-Google, that’s awesome
- I live in a very rural area and Mint does not offer wifi calling/texting for this device, this was the biggest issue for me as I can hardly get any signal at my home at all.
- Processor has some drag, I noticed it stuttering while playing Jurassic world and scrolling through the YouTube app
- Camera: app had issues in low lighting and light streaking coming from windows where the sun was shining.
*Camera: app has a lot of options, that’s fine and everything but coming from Apple, I’d like to be able to just point and shoot and use the extra features if I want, not because I need to in order to get the right shot.
- Magic earths robot voice is pretty bad, we did get some laughs from it tho.
- No default password manager??
- Some apps in the store said they weren’t compatible with my device, only made for older devices.
*Keyboard: I had to really slow myself down when typing as the keyboard only recognized one finger at a time, never realized I don’t fully remove one finger before pressing another down.
I realize some of the issues above were probably hardware related, but thought the were worth mentioning. I love what /e/ stands for and what they’re trying to accomplish.
Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online services](https://e.foundation/)**