The Murena 2 releases have started

Yeah, I’m waiting for response while trying different configuration.

In manual mode it’s a bit better, but even at infinite focus photo is blurred. :pensive:

In fact, there’s nothing to help you focus properly.

I’ve tried a number of camera app… Without success, always the same problem!

Have you also noticed these slight darker streaks on the screen in low light? As if it were a sheet of paper printed with an old toner printer.

Camera app preview zoom in when manipulating focus slider (manual mode only).
I will try another photo app too, good idea.

No however, my screen look ok :crossed_fingers:, on low light and also with extra dark mode enabled.

I checked with the sales team and the response was that the production of the accessory has been delayed. To avoid delay, the team dispatched the smartphones first. The Murena 2 case will be sent separately once they are available. This could take a couple of weeks. Customers will get a tracking ID once their case has been sent.

Is the plastic cover for the Murena one good for the Murena 2?

If answer is, are they some no e.os manufacturer that are selling such cover (I only found some for the Murena one) or which cover for other brands can be good for a Murena 2 phone ?

A pity that with a new phone, a cover (as the front security glass) which is essential to protect it, is not sold at the same time.

1 Like

hi, i also received mine and have exactly the same problem as i really need to migrate all my apps, datas and prefs from my s9 with /e/os. The Murena cloud synced my contacts, agenda, notes,(and could have synced my pictures and videos but i did choose not to), and nothing else.
i would also add that a quick start and tech notice, online or in the box, with the use of the buttons would have been a good idea

1 Like

FYI the tempered glass protection for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 is an exact match to protect your Murena 2 phone. I have installed such a protection myself and have been using the phone for a couple of days with it without any problems.

Looking forward to receiving the protective case as announced.

3 Likes
  1. It seems that some of the data stored on my murena.io account is not synchronised:
    5.1. Task: application does not synchronise. When I force synchronisation, local tasks are deleted.
    5.2. Sound recording: previously recorded sounds are not available in the recording application.
  2. When activating the left button, the red light is on but the “Camera access” and “Microphone access” drawer buttons are still “available”. Compare with the right button, “wifi” is off and “plane mode” is switched to “on”.

Has anyone else received their Murena 2 to give us feedback?

Try using Seedvault if you still use old phone and are still figuring out how to migrate.

I also received mine (for my wife) and the transfert of the few number of datas was easy enough. All works correctly as far as I can see.
Pictures were transfered via a PC and notes are rewritten into the web notes via a text file (and automatically updated into the phone !).
There is only a pbm with the camera : the “second lens” always gives blurry pictures and FOR ALL lenses we need to stay into automatic mode ; the manuel mode seems too erratic (time response, blur, …) for an easy use.
Anyway, it seems to be a good phone.

I received mine too

a bit sad that there is no jack on the phone but it is the way it is

one problem ive encountered is the compatibility of third party usb c cable

3 ive tested had the same problem, the connector doesn’t fit well and wiggle, the connection to the phone keep being lost and restarted, one of the 4 fit well, i think it have to do with the way the cable is manufactured the connector seem different between cable

no problem with the official cable that was sent with the phone ofc

also had a problem with the desktop app scrcpy that allow control of the phone on a computer, the connection is made and the phone screen is bought up on the pc, but it is black and doesn’t show anything, it also reseted the launcher customisation on the phone, weird bug

for any photo problem i had better photo quality with the open camera app that you can found on the app lounge than the official app, no idea if it related to the problem mentioned above, i didn’t pry enough

slowdown exist sometimes but it is fluid enough for my use, all my apps work no bugs encountered

overall pretty satisfied with my purchase :+1:

1 Like
  1. VPN off, open drawer clic for VPN on button. Nothing VPN stay off
  2. Some old media playing steel displayed on drawer

Have not used it extensively in case I need to return it.

• USB plug on the phone is not deep enough so that with a slight movement cable disconnects. I used another cable bought separately, it was slightly better than the cable supplied with the phone. The cable supplied is also too rigid making it more likely to wiggle out of place with movement.
  • App, file navigation is not as easy as the ten year old android phone that I have. e.g. some areas don’t have an icon to return to the previous menu or location, this includes some system sub-menus. It also includes files, it is sometimes hard to close one and return to the file area you were in. There is right to left swipe from the bottom of the screen that can get you back, but not easy to work with. Often I have to start navigating the levels to go back to to a step before where I was. Lots of pages get left open which you need to close one by one. (it may be that part of it is a learning and getting used to process).
  • Have only taken a few photos which are not as sharp as I expected.
  • Scrcpy connects but shows a black screen. Have searched for answers, it appears this is to do with security features of more recent android versions devised by google. I have not found a solution to it, and it leaves a gap for me. From what I read, Lineage-OS have over come this issue right out of the box.
  • I have used KDE connect and debug mode for connecting and sharing files, text messages between phone and desktop. It works but falls short of screen sharing which scrcpy should have provided. For example in my version of KDE connect I cannot delete text messages, I also cannot open the calendar for read, write, which is possible with scrcpy if it worked. It would be useful if Murena-2 technicians could put out a guide to work around this.
  • There were some notification vibrations/rings without text to say what it was, still trying to learn how it works. Some other notifications with vibration/ring have hidden text, I have to pull down the upper menu to see them. For some you get the text coming on top.
  • Petty it doesn’t have an earphone jack, and the 2nd SIM card shares the same space as SD card; and that a screen protector hasn’t been included. Of course waiting for the cover too.
  • It would be useful if Murena-2 guides mentioned where similar size/shape screen protectors and covers could be found.

Hi guigux, Springcomp has put a message in this forum saying that : glass protection for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 is an exact match to protect your Murena 2 phone.

Have not used it extensively waiting for my case and to put a protection glass.

I put all Android extension I need (Bank, Transport, Uber) and they work fine. A link to the Apps vault in the main site will surely reassure people that will need to test e.os and a “liberated” phone. Before to receive it I was not really sure that all my need applciations could work.

All other e.os extensions on the phose are fine and working well.

Issues

Seems that theres is a problem taking picture (focus) but I will make some tests later and pictures with my phone are not a priority for me.

The manual provided is really, really too simplistic and there is no online manual on how the phone works, how to insert two SD cards, etc.

No Jack! really! This is a bad point.

For the rest I will use more intensively my phone whenn it will be full protected.

8.1. When playing media the spotify drawer “media playing” is not update and displayed a old listening.

1. I also notice in the open spotify app that changing the sound volume does not display the live level change
  • Have had an issue with incoming calls not being connected (not ringing) and then giving a missed call notification. e.g. a person calls the phone doesn’t ring; the same person calls again a few minutes later and the phone rings, and there is a notification of a missed call, while all the time the phone has been in the same position on the desk and the caller is using the same landline to call. This has happened a number of times.
    Couldn’t find out what the issue is, all the network settings are correct, including WiFi connect. It’s an important issue. My old phone always rings in the same conditions.
  • Calendar event editing inefficient: If you have an event repeating every Wednesday for example, you want to change it to every Tuesday - on my ten year old android all you do is change it to Tuesday press done, it pops a question this and future events or only this event, you choose this and future events and click okay, all is changed.
    On the Murena 2 calendar you have to go through more steps, first choose edit, then choose change all events or this and future events, (& it doesn’t show this event only option), then choose Tuesday, then further down again choose weekly on Tuesday, turn off Wednesday on the same option and then press done.
  • Somewhat similar to the swipe method which is less efficient than the old android I have, e.g. On Murena 2, windows don’t show an X close icon and don’t have the old three button android system for navigation, which added to efficiency.

For your last point you can change the behavior in Accesibilty > System controls

1 Like

Screen Share problem
It is not possible to share Murena 2 Screen with desktop on Linux. I have not tried but imagine it would be the same in windows or Mac.

The upload screenshot shows Murena two sharing screen showing black and a Galaxy J3 sharing screen, with the same scrcpy app.

:

Using scrcpy it gives errors for Murnena 2
scrcpy 1.25 https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
/usr/local/share/scrcpy/scrcpy-server: 1 file pushed. 1.4 MB/s (42151 bytes in 0.028s)
[server] INFO: Device: Murena Murena Two (Android 13)
INFO: Renderer: opengl
INFO: OpenGL version: 3.1 Mesa 20.0.8
INFO: Trilinear filtering enabled
INFO: Initial texture: 1080x2400
[server] ERROR: Encoding error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: null
[server] INFO: Retrying with -m1920…
INFO: New texture: 864x1920

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrcpy