TrackerControl — a way to neutralize in-app trackers

the dev is working on a VPN tunnel so you can use your own external VPN or you will get connected via TOR network.

I don’t understand the advantage of TrackerControl over Netguard. In fact, importing the Disconnect blocking list in Netguard I’d obtain the same results, right?

Netguard and TC using the some blicklist (hosts file)
TC has the better UI abd is easier to use.

1 Like

I don’t understand. Tracker blocking and blocking are the same thing? Doesn’t ad blocking with host files also block trackers?
TrackerControl says it uses more tracker lists than Netguard (https://github.com/OxfordHCC/tracker-control-android#credits).

Tracker blocker are monitoring outgoing internet connections. So they can block trackers sending data ‘home’.

For add block,which are incoming connections, tracker blocker can’t work.

Hello.

Second time I install T.C., will try to learn more this time.

What about cellphone data consumption (50 Mo / month) ?

T.C. enabled for both ‘main’ and ‘work’ (Shelter) cause all web activities are sheltered but I sometimes use ‘mail’ from cellphone data (in main profile).

I always freeze all sheltered-apps after use (uninstalled in ‘main’ except /e/ native ones) so I hope T.C. won’t drain battery too much. May I disable it when using only phone and SMS (Silence) ?

Thanks.

Mhm, my TC has low impact on.batterie drain

Hello.
I can confirm for my usage, TC always stays around 2-3% of battery usage, while always activated.

Thanks.

So I can keep T.C. always enabled. Will check ‘Batt’ in a few days… (my phone become old and battery shows it).

Édith : installed both in main and work profile, seems to bug after been frozen.

I need to un- then re-install…

I noticed high battery consumption. Up to 23%.
Of course, I had disabled the battery optimization.

Any suggestion?

No, as you can see in posts before, the batterie usage is normally around 3%

with battery optimization disabled? Do you have Filter traffic option on like me for hosts file?

Sure, I have

Yes, sure

I’m really surprised! And I can’t explain

Visit telegram group. There you can find the newest version. Try it.

1 Like

TrackerControl_20200725

Yes, Git is also OK,

Hi.
Downloaded. Needs to uninstall current one (from F-Droid), then all is OK with the last apk from github (with clone in Shelter, too)…
Thanks.

Welcome. Hope batterie will now be better

I tried again to freeze ‘sheltered’ T.C. when I’m not using it, all apps frozen. When I unfreeze and launch, T.C.says:

So I un-/re-install into Shelter and all’s right, now.