Turn off screenshot sound?

Is it possible to disable the screenshot sound? If I turn Ring volume off then screenshot makes no sound (it just vibrates) so it seems to be tied to Ring volume/sound settings - which do not have an option to select notification sound.

/e/ v 18, Sony z5c

1 Like

I found a switch, but it did not seem to work for me! :slight_smile:

Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all apps > 3 dot menu > Show system > System UI > Notifications > Screenshots.

I think that won’t control the sound made when a screenshot is taken, it controls the Status bar notification saying ‘Screenshot saved. Tap to view your sreenshot’

Do I misunderstand silent? :slight_smile:

… but you are right that it suppresses the unneeded notification. Oh I see, you are saying that there could be a sound notification also that we are giving you the notification! :hot_face:

Thanks for the patient feedback @petefoth.

There are some that say that the screenshot shutter could only be silenced nicely with a switch in Settings > Sound > Advanced

I did enjoy a peaceful screenshot here by fully muting the bell icon in volume control. (Calls and notifications will be muted.)

/turns on bell to avoid forgetting meds.

2 Likes

@aibd I wouldn’t want to request dev work for such a small thing when there are more important /e/ work to be done. I’m happy for now just to turn off bell sound first using volume buttons, then take screenshots, then turn bell sound back on.

Thanks folks.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me… (Android 12)

Sorry it’s a mistake doesn’t work for me neither. I’m deleting the post

Never thought of turning that sound off so I went looking to see what I have. Various custom ROMs do have such a toggle.
FireHound Oreo (LOS-based), Havoc Pie, and crDroid A11 (LOS-based) can toggle the screenshot sound.
A10 & A11 /e/OS and LeOS-R do not have the feature. Not sure but I do not think that it is available in the basic LineageOS(?).

2 Likes