Unable to fully sync the tree

Hi all,

I’m trying to build /e/ (v0.14.2-q) for my Oneplus Nord (avicii), I have set a HP Z800 Workstation with Ubuntu 18.04LTS and launch the builde.sh script I’ve just clone. (I pass the 1st try with Ubuntu 20.04 lts and docker because of the same result)

The point is I can’t get all repo synced, I’m getting this kind of errors:

>> [Sun Feb 21 19:44:21 CET 2021] (Re)initializing branch repository

repo has been initialized in /srv/src/Q
>> [Sun Feb 21 19:44:23 CET 2021] Syncing branch repository
fatal: expected shallow/unshallow, got ERR upload-pack: not our ref c780a2e17197f70b4cde3aaac1021a78f48a516f
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly


fatal: expected shallow/unshallow, got ERR upload-pack: not our ref c780a2e17197f70b4cde3aaac1021a78f48a516f
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_external_chromium-webview (GitError: LineageOS/android_external_chromium-webview update-ref: fatal: c780a2e17197f70b4cde3aaac1021a78f48a516f^0: not a valid SHA1
)
Exception in thread Thread-74:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/threading.py", line 916, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/threading.py", line 864, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 286, in _FetchProjectList
    success = self._FetchHelper(opt, project, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 332, in _FetchHelper
    clone_filter=clone_filter)
  File "/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1148, in Sync_NetworkHalf
    self._InitMRef()
  File "/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2555, in _InitMRef
    self._InitAnyMRef(base + self.manifest.branch, active_git)
  File "/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2567, in _InitAnyMRef
    active_git.UpdateRef(ref, dst, message=msg, detach=True)
  File "/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2968, in UpdateRef
    self.update_ref(*cmdv)
  File "/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/project.py", line 3034, in runner
    (self._project.name, name, p.stderr))
error.GitError: LineageOS/android_external_chromium-webview update-ref: fatal: c780a2e17197f70b4cde3aaac1021a78f48a516f^0: not a valid SHA1

Can someone could help me with this please?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

The simplest way to resolve this is (at least i did it so because I’m trying to build for Realme X2):

  1. make a new folder
  2. cd to it
  3. repo init eelo
  4. cd to .repo/manifests/
  5. enter with a editing tool the default.xml (you can use nano it would look like this “nano default.xml”)
  6. edit the revision for the “LineageOS/android_external_chromium-webview” to the latest commit from the commit history from this link:
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_external_chromium-webview/commits/master
    For the time of writing (2021.02.23 17:19 UTC+1) it’s the commit “c7ee4db409335ac6227e6507869c0a1739ab281a”
  7. repo sync
    after this steps it should work - at least for me it did
1 Like

Thanks for your very helpful advice ! :slight_smile:
I will investigate if it’s possible to include it into Docker …

@gchevalier : could you please post back the source from your builde.sh clone ?

1 Like

Source is :
<project name="LineageOS/android_external_chromium-webview" path="external/chromium-webview" revision="c780a2e17197f70b4cde3aaac1021a78f48a516f" upstream="master" dest-branch="master" groups="pdk" clone-depth="1"/>

I update it and resync the repo right now!

1 Like

if it already tried to sync the repo then you have to delete the chromium-webview from the rom directory, from the .repo/projects (can’t check the exact location now - building /e/) and from .repo/project-objects/ (the same situation as before) and it should repo sync correctly.

1 Like

Indeed it works after removing the existing /srv/src/Q/external/chromium-webview

Checking out projects: 100% (759/759), done.
repo sync has finished successfully.
1 Like

FYI, the tag v0.14.1-p also have this wrong reference to chrome webview.

However, I built with v1-p, and it worked.

Sorry, I meant the source for builde.sh script :wink:

I have found the script.sh reading this topic

the script is maintained here: https://github.com/picomatic/builde

2 Likes

Thank you ! :slight_smile: