[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] /e/ for LG G3 Intnl (d855) - Pie UNOFFICIAL Build!

:+1::+1::grin::grin:

Now it’s again an e-pie phone (e-0.7-p-unofficial).

First step:
Check “DNS Settings” and “Use network DNS” > off … > Set DNS to use > 9.9.9.9 or 1.1.1.1

Second Step:
Control Qi Wireless Charging = The Qi loading works perfectly right away.

We’ll see …

1 Like

Although this update (09/10/2019 PIE) is up and running on my LG G3 without known problems, still remain an UNOFFICIAL build, so installation it’s at your own total risk and I can’t give you support…

For install, you can follow the instructions reported on the LOS wiki for their official PIE release.

For the device specific changes from 07/09/2019 update included, you can refer to this link

For generic LOS changes included, please refer to this link.

Here is the Download Link of my Docker Build ( updated 09/10/2019 ) with it’s md5sum and sha256sum (Verify the integrity of the downloaded file before install! :wink:)

Enjoy it!:smile:

Yes, unofficial isn’t synonymous with insecure.

:+1: Your Docker Build from 07/09/2019 made a very good impression on me.

I like that you test your docker build on your own device. This minimizes possible risks. Please continue!

@Panta, I installed your current (test) build. First impression: very good - like Sept’19 build.

I would appreciate if there were no pre-installed WEATHER APP.

Hello @archie,
first of all I’d like to thank you for testing.

I made the build for my/my family phone/s and choose to do the standard /e/ build.

If you want to do your custom build without the weather app, I encourage you to do, because the docker method is really very simple… (Great @Manoj!)

When you run the docker command, it’s sufficient to omit the weather app to obtain the ROM perfect to you!

Your command should be something like this:

sudo docker run -v “/srv/e/src:/srv/src:delegated” -v “/srv/e/zips:/srv/zips:delegated” -v “/srv/e/logs:/srv/logs:delegated” -v “/srv/e/ccache:/srv/ccache:delegated” -e “BRANCH_NAME=v1-pie” -e “DEVICE_LIST=d855” -e “CUSTOM_PACKAGES=‘MuPDF GmsCore GsfProxy FakeStore com.google.android.maps.jar Mail BlissLauncher BlissIconPack MozillaNlpBackend OpenWeatherMapWeatherProvider AccountManager MagicEarth OpenCamera eDrive Notes Tasks NominatimNlpBackend Light DroidGuard OpenKeychain Message Browser BrowserWebView Apps LibreOfficeViewer’” -e “SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=restricted” -e “OTA_URL=https://ota.ecloud.global/api” -e “REPO=https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/android.git” -e “INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=true” registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:latest

The Telegram channel “/e/ community support” will help you if something (almost impossible, trust me!) goes wrong…

Enjoy!

This update too (01/11/2019 PIE) is now up and running on my LG G3 without known problems, but still remain an UNOFFICIAL build, so installation it’s at your own total risk and I can’t give you support…

For install, you can follow the instructions reported on the LOS wiki for their official PIE release.

For the device specific changes from 09/10/2019 update included , you can refer to this link

For generic LOS changes included from the same date, please refer to this link.

Here is the Download Link of my Docker Build ( updated 01/11/2019 ) with it’s md5sum and sha256sum (Verify the integrity of the downloaded file before install! :wink:)

Enjoy it!:smile:

The first two builds of yours worked very well on my G3.

I will also try this docker build from 01/11/2019 again. Thank you very much, @Panta.

New update (16/11/2019 PIE) up and running on my LG-G3 Intnl (d855) without known problems.

Device specific changes from included: see here
For generic LOS changes included, please refer to This LOS link.

Here is the Download Link of my Docker Build ( updated 16/11/2019 ) with it’s md5sum and sha256sum (Verify the integrity of the downloaded file before install! :wink:)

Remember that this is to be considered as an UNOFFICIAL build, so installation it’s at your own total risk and I can’t give you support…
Due to the fact this is an UNOFFICIAL Build (see here ), OTA Updates are not active, so follow this thread for updates…
Also you are encouraged to build from yourself: let’s search the forum to the word “Docker” and see how easy it is! (support on Telegram community channel)

New update (23/11/2019 PIE) up and running on my LG-G3 Intnl (d855) without known problems.

For device specific changes included: see here

Here is the Download Link of my Docker Build ( updated 23/11/2019 ) with it’s md5sum and sha256sum (Verify the integrity of the downloaded file before install! :wink:)

Remember that this is to be considered as an UNOFFICIAL build, so installation it’s at your own total risk and I can’t give you support…
Due to the fact this is an UNOFFICIAL Build (see here ), OTA Updates are not active, so follow this thread for updates…
Also you are encouraged to build from yourself: let’s search the forum to the word “Docker” and see how easy it is! (support on Telegram community channel)

1 Like

New update (18/12/2019 PIE) up and running on my LG-G3 Intnl (d855) without known problems.

Here is the Download Link of my Docker Build ( updated 18/12/2019 ) with it’s md5sum and sha256sum (Verify the integrity of the downloaded file before install! :wink:)

1 Like

New update (23/02/2020 /e/ PIE) up and running on my LG-G3 Intnl (d855) without known problems.

Here is the Download Link of my Docker Build ( /e/ updated 23/02/2020 ) with it’s [https://ecloud.global/s/aRqwidmzLtdkwWF) and sha256sum (Verify the integrity of the downloaded file before install! :wink:)

1 Like

New update (28/04/2020 /e/ version 0.9 PIE) up and running on my LG-G3 Intnl (d855) without known problems.

Here is the Download Link of my Docker Build ( /e/ version 0.9 PIE updated 28/04/2020 ) with it’s md5sum and sha256sum (Verify the integrity of the downloaded file before install! :wink:)

2 Likes

Very big thanks for building it, @Panta.

The build /e/ 9-pie are very good working firmware since months. Not least because you test and use them on your own LG G3 d855, which not all /e/ OS ROM developers can say about themselves.

I thank you for be so kind, but can assure you that /e/ official developers and manteiners all are very professional and are giving the maximum effort on making /e/ a great OS.

It’s true that sometimes the numbers of things to be done is too high and something obviously can goes wrong.

I’ve apreciated many times their great work on Telegram community support channel: without them not of all this exist.

On the same way, I see your great work on this forum, greater than the few I’m making.
Thank you for support.
Stay safe and… deGoogled! :wink:

Except for a few things, sometimes with serious consequences, I’m very satisfied with the professional work of the official developers and programmers. I’m well aware that a well-functioning OS requires a lot of know-how, hard work and a lot of time. That’s why I try to win new /e/enthusiasts with my means and support everyone who accepts my help very gladly.

The fact that not everything always runs smoothly at /e/ is, in my opinion, solely due to the manpower, which is not sufficient for the various tasks. For example, not every /e/ device has its own maintainer, as is the case with LineageOS Project. Some things fall by the wayside in the long run.

Nevertheless, I would like to do without the /e/volution and stay on the ball.

Stay safe and… deGoogled

As described here, LG G2 and LG G3 will be officially supported on PIE by /e/.

No needs for more UNOFFICIAL builds! :+1: :+1:

Will follow with my PIE builds for lenovo kuntao.

Closing topic on original authors request