[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Final `nougat` builds for some Sony and Samsung Galaxy Tab devices

Here’s a final batch of unofficial builds for some Sony Xperia and Galaxy Tab nougat devices. They are built from the v1-nougat tag, so should include the latest code in the nougat branch. Unfortunately I have no idea what code changes have been made, as /e/ won’t make a v1.0-rc tag with release notes. It is possible that the code has not changed very much since the last builds for these device.

I won’t be building any more nougat builds for these devices as /e/ have now abandoned the nougat code. I am planning how to support these devices in future. My current thinking is to make unofficial, custom builds of LineageOS for microG which is what /eOS is built on, and which still receives fairly regular updates to the nougat branches. I may also include the upstreams of /e/'s forked apps (Mail, Message, Calendar, Notes etc.). When this is done I will post in a new thread.

I made a build for suzuran for testing, and it seems to work OK, but I can’t test for any other devices. (I won’t be publishing the suzuran build as it is an officially supported device, with R and Q official builds).

As always, use at your own risk, and make a TWRP backup of your current setup before installing. Have fun!

• Galaxy Tab S 8.4 klimtwifi
  • Galaxy Tab S 10.5 ,
    • chagalllte
  • chagallwifi
  • Xperia L taoshan
  • Xperia M nicki
  • Xperia Z3+ ivy
  • Xperia Z4 Tablet
    • karin_windy
  • karin
4 Likes

It turns out that none of those ROMs are currently downloadable from AndroidFileHost, and I didn’t have a local copy, so I’ve done another build run. I have added a couple more Sony devices:

• Xperia V tsubasa
  • Xperia ZR dogo

As before, I made a build for suzuran for testing, and it seems to mostly work OK, but I can’t test for any other devices. The Mail app seems a bit flakey. If it keeps crashing,clear the app storage - which will get rid of all your account settings - and re-enter. If you’re dirty-flashing, it might be work exporting the settings before you flash.

(I won’t be publishing the suzuran build as it is an officially supported device, with R and Q official builds).

As always, use at your own risk, and make a TWRP backup of your current setup before installing. Have fun!

They have all been uploaded to AndroidFileHost. Please let me know if there are any download problems. Thanks

4 Likes

Regarding the Xperia Z3 compact: I am aware that this device is officially supported. These builds based on Android 10 and 11 also run really well! Nevertheless, I would be interested in a Nougat build for this device, since some of my apps and modules are not fully supported by Android 10+. Are there possibly such builds or can something be done - completely unofficially?
Just a question :wink:

It would definitely be possible, but after making the most recent set of builds, I have deleted the /e/OS source tree on my local build machine (to make room for the IodéOS source tree :slight_smile: ) so I’m not going to be able to do it, at least not any time soon.

Two possibilities:

1. The build script I used to make the last lot of builds is attached to this post in my personal issue tracker, and the manifest used to pick up the proprietary blobs from 'TheMuppets` github repos us attached to the following post. If you have access to a linux computer - either locally or in the cloud - you could try building it yourself
  2. If I remember, I could try to make a build the next time I fire up a cloud server to make an unofficial build for 'lilac`, which will probably be when /e/ 1.9 is released. But no promises!