[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the MiA1 tissot

@Manoj
Do you see any chance, to update without intermediate stock firmware installation and wipe out of all data and still keep the audio devices working? could you figure out at least the technical cause of this issues?

i would really appreciate a more user friendly resp. OTA compatible update solution.

Hi @mash as mentioned in the post this is a test ROM of Pi/e/. Without upgrading the firmware to the latest version the installation will fail or at best work erratically - no sound - boot loops etc. Pi/e/ requires certain changes to the partition on your devices which happen as part of the stock ROM update. For a stable OTA ROM you will have to wait for the official builds to start. That might take some time maybe a month more. Right now we are still testing the Pi/e/ ROM on different devices. One of the observations has been that this firmware or latest Stock upgrade is required across all devices.

well – it’s indeed just a test image and i really accept all temporary inconveniences for early bird adopters and alpha testers, nevertheless it looks a little bit surprising to me, that i didn’t find similar instructions in any of the tissot LinageOS 16 update instructions. so it looks rather likely to me, that a working update can be realized without this intermediate stock firmware installation as well.

The latest test build for MiA1 tissot is available here
Build dated 27 Jan 2020
Same build is running ok on my device.

2 Likes

Thanks Manoj. Any noticeable changes?

With LineageOs (Tissot) the firmware is upgraded when our dev checks over stock firmware updates and likes them. With LineageOs MicroG version the firmware needs to be updated separately. Not sure why but I remember reading it on the xda thread. Maybe you should searx there.

1 Like

That is correct. We are working on including the firmware with the /e/ build so that first time ROM flashers do not have to take this 2 -step solution… flash stock then /e/. The team is still working on that. Will update once we find a clean solution to this problem.

In fact there are quite a few noticeable changes in the current test build. The account Manager is fully functional and kicks in during setup, MicroG is the latest version + weather app location bug has been resolved to name a few…

3 Likes

Updated the test Tissot build for Pi/e/.
The development for Pi/e/ is almost complete. We are just testing some of the functionality. All the apps are working on this build. If some are not then please let us know.
The official releases for Pi/e/ will start shortly. Since it is version change we will be releasing it in for a few devices at a time. There would be announcements in the /e/ channels and on this forum before the release. /e/ wiki pages will also be updated with the information.

4 Likes

Great!

Thanks for your work. Looking forward for the official Pie builds!

Tom

Latest unofficial pie works fine on my mi a1 tissot, thanks a lot

Thanks all for testing out the Pi/e/ test ROM’s.
As mentioned we should be releasing our official versions soon. Have to sort out some documentation and last minute testing.

2 Likes

Hi @Manoj, got a question… Wondering if the official pi/e/ build is releasing ota?
Thanks!!

i updated today with lineage recovery via adb with the /mia1/e-0.7-p-20190723-UNOFFICIAL-tissot.zip without wiping anything all went fine - but i am not sure if this was the correct way?

Do you still have GApps?

i found only MicroG on my device

1 Like

Worked fine for me, thank you very much. Just GPS is not working correctly.

i updated to the 03 Aug 2019 build, hotspot doesn’t work anymore.
my notebook shows me the wifi connection with the xiaomi mi a1 but nothing happens further, i have no idea why
i have done the update using the e recovery, applying update choose from emulated. all other seems to work.

I just tested on my phone and it is working for me. Connected my PC with hotspot on phone. In fact responding using the hotspot connection :slight_smile: Just recheck and let us know.

1 Like

thank you very much for your prompt reply, i did a reboot and now it works

1 Like