[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the MiA1 tissot

Any new build after august the 3th?

Not yet. There are some issues with the device files on the Github. Checking if a build is possible with various sources. Will update once I have a working build.

I suppose is the problem with the OTA update of august of the system. Am I right? Itā€™s crazy!! a lot of people is angry about it. The biggest problem is the WiFi, AFAIK. And is not only for the tissot rom, it seems to afect several Xianomi devices.

Hi, Firstly thank you. The work that ye have done in incredible and very much appreciated.

I have been running your e software for a few months now. And after following the instructions to switch to pie, it has solved many of the minor glitches that were causing annoyance.

With the upgrade to pie, it is clear to see, that ye have truly created a viable alternative.

Again thank you, all the team and volunteers that have worked on this project.

thank you very much i updated today to 29 Aug 2019 build great praise to the developer

1 Like

@Manoj, Will the current legal matters concerning LOS and Xiaomi devices mean the Mi A1 is dead in the water here too? LOS stopped building official on the 8/8/19 albeit as a temporary pause.

Including the firmware. Great idea. Any idea when/if this might happen?

The issue is with the faceunlock feature available on the latest devices which a vendor has claimed is their proprietary code and not to be shared. TheMuppets xiaomi repositories are not available. For now since it is a legal issue we will have to wait and watch how LOS resolves it. BTW a user who wants to build a ROM can still extract the vendor blobs directly from the phone by using this method

2 Likes

Isnā€™t easer to drop this feature 'till LOS resolves the issue?

My guess as well as to what LOS may do eventually - remove this particular moduleā€¦but then it is for LOS to decide how to handle it.

Yes, but, Is there a way to build and Android not Androidone ROM?:thinking:
I donā€™t know lots of people to use this fiunction. :sweat_smile:

today i updated to the 2019-09-10 build without any problem. one more an excellent work thank you very much manoj

This is the new TheMuppets repo:
https://gitlab.com/the-muppets/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi

thatā€™s indeed a promising news! :slight_smile:
i hope, itā€™ll help to add tissot to the list of official supported and continuous OTA updated pie devices.

2 Likes

update to 8 Oct 2019 worked perfect, till now no issues :smiley:
thank you very much

Latest Build update to 8 Oct 2019 - working well. no issues. :ok_hand:

There is a issue with Magic Earth picking up and identifying the current location . It lags a lot, I can take over a minute to get the initial location and is often confused as of the true location. I have the same problem if i use any other application, like OSMAnd+. This was a problem with previous builds also. ( I hope this is of some help).

i use OSMAnd from F-Droid instead of magic earth, only offline with gps and i didnā€™t have any issue neither in current build nor in previous i had installed

i also faced this bugs concerning the GPS support resp. localization services in an older test release. unfortunately it doesnā€™t only affect the the magic earth app, but makes the whole OS rather unstable and error prone, because the localization API is used in many places and the resulting timeouts are often not handled very well. :frowning:

this GPS related troubles seam to be gone after an update a few weeks ago (i donā€™t have the phone by hand, to report the exact release date), but now the device is plagued by displaying all images in inverted colors againā€¦ :frowning:

i frankly have to say, iā€™m a little bit frustrated about this abrupt worsening of the Mi A1 support in /e/ and the unforeseeable delay of a more acceptable Pi release for this particular device.

i also donā€™t get, why we canā€™t utilize more comfortable OTA upgrade support in the test-images, once the first upgrade to Pi has happened? it would make it significantly less painful for beta testers to actually utilize and upgrade their devices more frequently and fix the remaining bugs by help of their feedback and bug reports. i really think, the actual state of things isnā€™t very helpful in this respect.

sorry, for this rather unsatisfied feedbackā€¦ but i think, itā€™s about the time, to finally articulate this perspective as well.

Great OTA update dated 2191016! Thank you @Manoj.

Where can I download it? Or maybe do a backup with TWRP?