[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the MiA1 tissot

No more test builds. We should be able to release the official Pie build for the tissot later this week.

3 Likes

Thanks again, @Manoj. It’s great!

Crying because Oreo build was released today not pie :sweat_smile::joy::crazy_face:

Not sure what happened here. Will have to check with the Build team. We were supposed to release the Pie builds for mata, tissot and Poco this week. There was an issue with the build servers this week because of which 2-3 days were lost.
Will check and update on this.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks. I’m only joking of course just excited for this!

1 Like

Not sure if is it the build or me having broken something but i have reinstall system on one device to obtain upgrade (older version was décembre zone) and install it from scratch on another phone and i do get same issue : bluetooth is broken. Devices just connect during 1s and directly disconnect + bluetooth app crash.

I should also mention that on last build (december) bluetooth was working perfectly fine.

And happened today @Manoj :slight_smile:

Seems to work fine with me. Fresh install?

The official Pie release - in fact all our builds this week got impacted due to some weird issues on the build servers. Unfortunately this has pushed out our upgrade timelines for all devices. The Pie official for the tissot is ready and works quite well as reported by the testing team. Hope to release it this coming week.

1 Like

what is the right way to do the change to the official pie release?fresh install on top of the latest unofficial pie test build?

Clean wipe the existing pie build and then install the official build.

2 Likes

Nice to see Pie is available, good work! I’m curious to try it, but am still on Oreo. From what I read with the test builds I concluded it would take a data wipe, reflashing stock and then flashing test build. Is that still the case with the new pie build? Or will there be an ota in the future?

Hi @Rubion the tissot build is officially available on Pie. Yes you would need to flash the stock ROM first and then wipe clean before flashing the official /e/ pie. This return to stock is required for all the Xiaomi devices if not most devices we tested. There are some exceptions but better to be safe than get into a bootloop.
Subsequent Pie official builds would be available OTA

2 Likes

Have been using this for a couple of days. All seems great. Thanks!

the clean install of the official /e/ pie on top of the latest /e/ test pie worked without problems
many thanks to the developers

1 Like

The various stock images of tissot that I found didn’t want to flash. I had already made a back up, removed my lock, and wiped, so at that point I decided just to flash the Pi/e/ rom that I’d downloaded and then my systeem booted and worked. A few checks: I could make phonecalls, my bluetooth worked, GPS worked and apps still seemed to work.

Then I decided to restore my Or/e/o backup and try to flash the Pi/e/ update without having gone to stock. I’ve been flashing phones since Android 1.6 so I know what I’m doing so I gambled. I figured: can always boot TWRP, wipe everything and still do the procedure. The phone booted and it seemed to work: I can make phone calls, bluetooth is working, GPS works, I can play music, apps still work, etc. I will see in the following days whether it is truly working or if I still need to do the whole procedure anyway.

Two remarks though. Firstly, In this upgrade guide a link to a working stock image may be helpful for less adventurous flashers. It was the reason I decided to do it the dirty way.

Secondly, in the same upgrade guide it reads at the bottom: " Why do I need to manually upgrade the OS?". The answer is: “The updater app does not support upgrades from one Android version to another. It will hide any update of a different version.” But that implies that it is possible to dirty flash and that the updater would do it if it could. This may be confusing to some.

Having said this, just to share my experience and contribute in my own way, I want to stress how happy I am that Pi/e/ arrived and that it’s working. Thank you very much t/e/am for making it work!

Closing this thread and removing the unofficial builds as the Xiaomi MiA1 tissot is now officially supported.
Thanks to all those who helped with the testing of the unofficial build.

2 Likes