[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - *"mido"*

With this more recent build I can configure the DIRAC profiles and it’s great to have some tweaking options for my audio output, something I miss from other ROMs no more. The DIRAC QS Tile is also working great (no more reboot to recovery when tapping on it).

Is this the right place for a feature request? I’d love to see the Three-finger swipe gesture to take a screenshot built into /e/. For me, bashing two hardware keys to take a screenshot or even launch the camera is just a waste, those actions will eventually damage the phone.

BTW, thank you for the new build. It is working great as usual.

1 Like

Hi, no that is completely understandable. Look, the call record option is available in your build during a call, which is fine. I was just asking that since manual call record is available in the dialer (and dialer settings), during a call, whether the toggle for automatic record can be enabled. It is not a biggie, no issues tapping the record option while in a call. Thank you for the reply.

For what it’s worth, Lineage OS appears to have started rolling official nightlies for mido in the pie branch.

3 Likes

Yes aryan kedare got accepted as maintainer it is back to official now :blush:

That should be a good news for /e/OS on mido as well :slight_smile:

Hi, thank you for new build!

@VitTh Are you using it already? :sunglasses: not waiting for the official support anymore?

Yes!

it isn’t known if we will see LOS 16 on Mido…

1 Like

Official LOS16 for mido is out there already, as mentioned above in this thread. Hopefully it’ll accelerate the official support of /e/OS Pie for mido.

yes, i’m sorry, i wanted to write /e/ LOS 16 on Mido :blush:

1 Like

Hi, no more update? :grimacing:

Actually a build should be finished tonight, i will upload tomorrow during day, but i changed some stuff, i deleted some apps that i think are better installed as user-apps instead of preinstalled system-apps. so this build should come with:
-GmsCore
-GsfProxy
-FakeStore
-com.google.android.maps.jar
-Mail
-BlissLauncher
-BlissIconPack
-MozillaNlpBackend
-OpenWeatherMapWeatherProvider
-AccountManager
-eDrive
-Weather
-Notes
-Tasks
-NominatimNlpBackend
-DroidGuard
-OpenKeychain
-BrowserWebView

everything else, like opencamera for example please load from fdroid or other appstore of choice.

I’m very excited about e-0.7-p /e/ OS ROM because the builds of LOS 16.0 and LOS 16.0 for microG are going well. There is also a very well maintained ASOP 10 build. And it runs very smoothly.

here you can find the build but keep in mind i myself havent had any time to test…

1 Like

@Chimpthepimp, the first impression is very good. The system startup and the applications run smoothly and smoothly.

As announced, only a minimum of apps is pre-installed. The /e/ Apps Store was left outside. I like the feature FM Radio, analog with RDS.

https://ecloud.global/s/ay9fDx6qqYTD74Z

Picture 5 + 6 show the OpenLauncher I added alternatively and only FOSS apps from the F-Droid App Store. Open Camera with original camera API and Camera2 API.

Without going into details, I can’t see any major difference in handling compared to a very good ASOP 10 build, whereby I appreciate the privacy protection provided by /e/ OS above all.

1 Like

Glad that you are happy with it :slight_smile: as i only use fdroid or aurora, i took out the /e/appstore aswell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I would have two clarifications to ask you …

1. updating to your latest release, open camera has disappeared, there is no icon, but F-Droid detects it and prevents me from installing it … result: it seems to be there but I don’t have an icon and I can’t use it, I can’t install it, I can’t uninstall it … I can’t put Opencamera back, how can I uninstall it if I don’t find it among the installed apps?
    Instead, for example, FM Radio is there.
  2. Snoopsnitch detects Android updates until December 2019. It seems that those of January and February 2020 are missing.

What do you think about it?

Thank you

1 Like

hello @VitTh,
thanks for your reply and feedback.
concerning your first point, I’ve started a new build with open camera back in the preinstalled apps list, i hope it will help your problem, the build should be finished within the day. :slight_smile:
as for your second point, i dont really have an idea about it first of i dont have a mido to test on anymore, maybe i succeed to revive my testing mido… otherwise i hope it is fixed in the upcoming build, as well as i hope that mido will get an official update from /e/-team to pi/e/ version so we dont rely on personal test builds anymore.
i hope i could clarify a bit, best regards,
jannes

Yes, that would be good and the chances aren’t bad at all, because …

It’s probably only a question of time…

1 Like