[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - *"mido"*

SHA-256: 481c3416ddd4083ca68a2a0e23dfd422055d84a66bfcbdc0b15e852d773a2e53

correct?

thank you

Here is the folder where i uploaded the build and now also the sha-checksum files :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok, thank you very much!

You were right, Dirac got kicked out in lilblinx sources, I just had some remains of previous build, but with this build, based on zeelogs sources Dirac is working again

With this more recent build I can configure the DIRAC profiles and it’s great to have some tweaking options for my audio output, something I miss from other ROMs no more. The DIRAC QS Tile is also working great (no more reboot to recovery when tapping on it).

Is this the right place for a feature request? I’d love to see the Three-finger swipe gesture to take a screenshot built into /e/. For me, bashing two hardware keys to take a screenshot or even launch the camera is just a waste, those actions will eventually damage the phone.

BTW, thank you for the new build. It is working great as usual.

1 Like

Hi, no that is completely understandable. Look, the call record option is available in your build during a call, which is fine. I was just asking that since manual call record is available in the dialer (and dialer settings), during a call, whether the toggle for automatic record can be enabled. It is not a biggie, no issues tapping the record option while in a call. Thank you for the reply.

For what it’s worth, Lineage OS appears to have started rolling official nightlies for mido in the pie branch.

3 Likes

Yes aryan kedare got accepted as maintainer it is back to official now :blush:

That should be a good news for /e/OS on mido as well :slight_smile:

Hi, thank you for new build!

@VitTh Are you using it already? :sunglasses: not waiting for the official support anymore?

Yes!

it isn’t known if we will see LOS 16 on Mido…

1 Like

Official LOS16 for mido is out there already, as mentioned above in this thread. Hopefully it’ll accelerate the official support of /e/OS Pie for mido.

yes, i’m sorry, i wanted to write /e/ LOS 16 on Mido :blush:

1 Like

Hi, no more update? :grimacing:

Actually a build should be finished tonight, i will upload tomorrow during day, but i changed some stuff, i deleted some apps that i think are better installed as user-apps instead of preinstalled system-apps. so this build should come with:
-GmsCore
-GsfProxy
-FakeStore
-com.google.android.maps.jar
-Mail
-BlissLauncher
-BlissIconPack
-MozillaNlpBackend
-OpenWeatherMapWeatherProvider
-AccountManager
-eDrive
-Weather
-Notes
-Tasks
-NominatimNlpBackend
-DroidGuard
-OpenKeychain
-BrowserWebView

everything else, like opencamera for example please load from fdroid or other appstore of choice.

I’m very excited about e-0.7-p /e/ OS ROM because the builds of LOS 16.0 and LOS 16.0 for microG are going well. There is also a very well maintained ASOP 10 build. And it runs very smoothly.

here you can find the build but keep in mind i myself havent had any time to test…

1 Like

@Chimpthepimp, the first impression is very good. The system startup and the applications run smoothly and smoothly.

As announced, only a minimum of apps is pre-installed. The /e/ Apps Store was left outside. I like the feature FM Radio, analog with RDS.

https://ecloud.global/s/ay9fDx6qqYTD74Z

Picture 5 + 6 show the OpenLauncher I added alternatively and only FOSS apps from the F-Droid App Store. Open Camera with original camera API and Camera2 API.

Without going into details, I can’t see any major difference in handling compared to a very good ASOP 10 build, whereby I appreciate the privacy protection provided by /e/ OS above all.

1 Like