[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - *"mido"*

Well, I did not. Downloaded the safetynet extentions in Magisk and did the Magisk safetynet test. Result was false.

Here you go with another update from today. the new security patch is not yet implemented, but I changed kernel to Underground Kernel by Zile995 it is CFS i quite like it :slight_smile: hope you do too.

2 Likes

the provided link is dead!

1 Like

here you go with todays build :wink: I shifted to dracarys NotKernel… As i use my personal e.drive there s only limited space so from time to time i have to delete older versions…

3 Likes

Here you can find yet another build from this morning, enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is another build, made yesterday, with october security patch, lilblinx los sources and notkernel, also i added advanced control app for kcal presets. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Far from official yet?

2 Likes

Just installed the build; fast & responsive. Thank you very much, appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, before changing the Mido I decided to try your build. Can I restore a Titanium backup from Nougat to Pie (apps and settings)? or do I have to reinstall everything? Or apps only restore? or…?
Thanks you very much
V.

i think that should be supposed to work but as i’ve never tried such i can’t promise anything…

1 Like

ok, thank you. i will attemp…

Hi, just for your info. I did just that but i was going from mi Nougat to /e/ Oreo, and the Titanium backup/restore worked flawlessly. Now i am on this build (from that same /e/ Oreo) and must also confirm this build works great. Thumbs up Chimpthepimp!

1 Like

Hi, another questions… :innocent: … i need root.
I think Lineage addounsu is not usable, is it correct?
On which rom is this /e/ pie version is based? how can i root?

Thank you

It is based on lilblinx lineage OS 16sources, i m using magisk for root :slight_smile:

I really hope you continue the Pie builds; they really are great, fast and extremely stable for me. Thank you for the effort.

(hope you might be able to integrate call recording which the normal(kanged) PIE builds like Havoc and some of the other PIE ROMs have these days)

Here are the github commits:

ok, thank u very much

ps: when I have time I try with addonsu

I registered to thank you and provide my feedback. I am truly impressed with this build and hope it gets better (but sincerely, I don’t see much more space left to do this).

Before the flash:

• I was on latest global Xiaomi firmware.
  • Was on /e/ official Nougat up to date (official upgrades by, give or take, three months).
  • Only modification to the system was the swypelib library.
  • My device wasn’t encrypted or protected by any password, pattern or fingerprint (I know, I know, I know…).
  • Mostly free (foss) apps, except WhatsApp and Netflix.

I dirty flashed my OS because “why not?”. Of course I had a nandroid backup and my attitude was towards “OK, let’s flash this new thing and report bugs and go back to Official Nougat at the end of the day” but I don’t see why should I do it now since basically all my apps are working. How did this happen?

• I downloaded the most recent Unofficial build shared here 7 days ago.
  • I went into Orange Fox recovery, made a nandroid backup, wiped system, cache, dalvik/art and flashed this pie build.
  • After reboot I had to wait a little bit more than usual to get to the default launcher…

BUGS:

• None.
  • Well, it’s silly to report but in Settings > Sound > Advanced there’s an option to tweak the audio output called “Mi Sound Enhancer”. If you tap on it nothing happens because, I assume, it calls XiaomiParts which is not installed by default and probably will never be. If someone with a clean flash can replicate this, I suggest to get rid of the option but I don’t even think this is in LOS official code and if it is, maybe should be fixed upstream.

Just wanted to thank you for these builds, I am looking forward to see it becoming official. Lineage OS has been dropping the ball constantly with this device since the beginning of LOS 16 not becoming official and recently stopping the builds of official LOS 15, leaving mido owners with no alternative except LOS 14 Nougat.

2 Likes

hey,
glad to hear you like the build,
for feature requests you can search the forum and add it to the list, tagged with a feature proposal.
:slight_smile:
P.S.: also i’m not sure about the legal status of these call recorders, as i’m sittuated in Europe, i’m quite sure it is not allowed to record the voice of the calling partner without his approval. so we would have to consider this point as well.

Hello @yslor,
I’m happy to hear your feedback, indeed the Mi Sound Enhancer is part of the Mi parts, also called DIRAC, if one owns Xiaomi headphones, like i do, the sound can be improved by choosing one of the presets found in this advanced sound menu. i hope that clears that point. :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to clarify the issue. In other ROMs with Mi parts enabled it usually works with any headphones, not only Xiaomi ones, since it includes generic profiles. I guess I should clean install to use this feature? I just can’t find the Mi Parts app installed in my system partition but this is a dirty flash. The DIRAC QS tile is rebooting my mido into recovery, I don’t think this is happening with a clean install.

1 Like