[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Samsung Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx)

Device info https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zerofltexx
Rom https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300803

Please Note: This is an Untested build. Please try at your own risk.

A new eOS-Q-build for the Samsung Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx)

Device info : https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zerofltexx

This build is an untested build, so make a backup first.
Please share your experience for other e-users.

4 Likes

not anymore.

I like the look of eOS with his e.blissiconpack. I also really like the eROMs from @itsclarence because they work right off the bat. This is also a proof of good code sources.

It’s amazing where a single eROM builder investing his free time is able to do what an e T/e/am hasn’t been able to do for over half a year: a working e-0.13-q-20201205-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx based on Android 10 ‘Q’. Some ROM builders have already cut their teeth on S6. All respect @itsclarence (!!!)

The classic manual eROM installation went without a hitch. The five year old Galaxy S6 already has fast UFS 2.0 memory. The S6 boots correspondingly fast. The SIM card is recognized immediately, incoming and outgoing calls as well as text messages work just like browsing via Wi-Fi.

e-0.13-q-20201205-itsclarence

I know of two functioning and constantly maintained LineageOS 17.1 CustomROMs for the ‘zerofltexx’. It would be very desirable if the S6 and /e/OS would form a permanent team.

3 Likes

@SuzieQ, you are a fierce, /e/-warrior, who tells it like it is and for that you have my respect: I second your approach and hope it resonates so that a stable, official “/e/ Q” build for Samsung Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx) is released soon.

As @Manoj reported in another thread, the stable build for all devices purchased from the eShop are being released- version is 0.13 for Oreo, Pie and Q builds, not including nougat builds as there is a bug which the team is fixing.

Fingers crossed.

Happy New Year everyone- I hope 2021 is a good one for you!

Does the appearance of this 0.13 dev build mean that we have a working “/e/ Q” build for the Galaxy S6 or am I misinterpreting?

To understand the /e/ build version pl have a look at the document here

Thank you for the link @Manoj. If I’m deciphering it correctly, the “n” means that this is an updated “nougat” build, is that correct?

That is correct. ‘n’ means nougat.

hello, i just flashed the latest dev rom mentioned above. it works pretty good except there is one annoying bug: when i push the power button to turn off the screen the phone reboots and notification light turns on blue.

I can independently confirm @pandaj0’s experience, except in my case the phone is randomly rebooting during use. Also, if anyone is reading this and was hoping (as I was) that the echo issue was resolved in this build, I’m afraid to report that it wasn’t. :disappointed:

Looks like I’m off to Plan B: Installing the Unofficial /e/Q build from @itsclarence (above), rooting the phone via Magisk/TWRP using @Bryophytae instructions here and replacing the “mixer_paths_0.xml” file hoping that this solves the echo issue.

If it does, great, I’m done. Not sure how many more times I can hold my breath praying I didn’t bork something up while installing custom ROMs
 :wink:

Plan C is unfortunate and regrettable capitulation: installing LOS.

Another heartfelt thank you to all participants here for generously sharing their time, knowledge and experience. As a total noob, I tip my hat to all of you in thanks and gratitude.

1 Like

THANK YOU!
I was looking for an android 10 version of e for my S6. I recently bought a used S10e and One UI is decent but I would love to go full /e/. Being able to test out the same version of /e/ on my other device before I commit to it is great.

Update: The ROM is nice! As expected, the accounts and sync work really well. Of course the stock launcher has zero customization besides a wallpaper, and I changed it. More surprisingly, the recents are the old vertical style. I’ll try Quickstep for that. Unfortunately it provides very few options for navigation. Other then that, it feels similar to stock Lineage.

2 Likes

»I updated this build with a lot of changes.«

@itsclarence, does your statement refer to the changes listed here?

Yes, that’s what I refer to

1 Like

@itsclarence, thank you for your updated /e/ OS ‘Q’ version 2021

One question that has remained unanswered by the /e/ team is still:

Exposure Notifications
Off

Why do the /e/ sources use a different microG version in the Exposure Notifications section?

Great stuff, just like Christmas again :slight_smile: Thanks @itsclarence
I have flashed this one and await a phone call :wink:
I still suspect I may have done some damage to the antenna connections when I put in the new battery and charging board so that may necessitate a further opening up of the phone .
Anyway, all went well and the ROM is working in all the respects it was previousl and I will have to delve deeper to spot the updates and test them.

Thanks again.

James

On reflection

It seems this update has broken the phone dialer for me?
When I go to set up a call the original blue calling screen flashes up for a second and then disappears however, the call is setup anyway and then I have no control over it
i.e. the call is going on in the background but I have no evidence of it other than the fact that my landline (which I tested with) is being held open.
I’m going to re-flash the previous version just as a control test and then try th update again :slight_smile:
Just out of interest, should I be wiping the phone before applying the new ROM or not?
I didn’t and it seemed to work but, without the phone working I guess it didn’t really work at all :slight_smile:
What a shame and it was all going so well.

J

@itsclarence I’m a bit late in relaying my experience with the updated build, but better late than never!

For those who are following at home, let me explain the steps I went through as it may help someone:

1. Backed up the existing installation in TWRP. IIRC, I backed up every partition except for Recovery-
  2. Copied the zip of the updated build to the internal memory via PC.
  3. Entered TWRP recovery state and installed without incident.
  4. In TWRP, noticed “SE Linux Enforcing”
  5. Upon first restart, it took 25 “bounces” of the ball under /E/ - Yes, I counted! :sweat_smile:
  6. Verified that the 0.14 update was installed
  7. Verified MicroG v 2.17 installed- self check was Good!
  8. Found WIFI/SIM immediately without issue

A caveat to report: Even though TWRP reported SE Linux Enforcing while installing the build from ZIP, “Trust” reports that it’s “Disabled” (Non-Enforcing). Now, this is NOT likely the fault of the build, as I previously rooted the phone to attempt to remedy a known issue with this device: when using the “regular” phone/dialer, the other party hears themselves with a slight delay. This phenomenon persists in this build even when using other dialer apps like “Simple Dialer”.

Interestingly, there is no “echo” effect when using Signal or Telegram for phone call functionality.

After a week of daily use, all is working as expected and kudos once again to @itsclarence for maintaining this device within the /e/cosystem! Well done and thanks again :clap:

1 Like

A new build for the zerofltexx. Cooked with february security patch and on some updated repos from @enesuzun2002.
Unfortunately this rom isn’t builded with private key’s (yet)
Thank you @mcmd and @Forumsnutzer for testing.
Enjoy

2 Likes
3 Likes