[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Samsung Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx)

Same for me. I’ve installed 4 different ROMs on an S6, /e/ being the last one that my dad now uses. Many of the ROMs recognized the phone as the F (international) model.
Man that phone gives me nostalgia, even though it wasn’t that special.

Greetings!
First of all, Thank you clarence for keeping the phone alive! Found out about it through channel48 on youtube.
Waiting for a motherboard ( got the rest of the parts for sm-g920f). Going to flash e-0.16-q-20210323-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip. Will post about bugs and issues. As a matter of fact I do have experience with fullstack programming on python and also have xeon with quad channel 32gig memory so technically I can build images at a fairly reasonable speed and participate actively If you are willing to cooperate. Been flashing images to phones for the last 10 years ( starting with nokia symbian) , however never participated in active development of a ROM. I assume I have to clone the e foundation repo. Running arch so I am familiar with building from source. The part about device specific config is what I do not know. I assume I have to clone android_device_samsung_zero-common from gitlab. Generally need an 101 on building device specific roms, patch merges, debugging.

1 Like

Clarence, check out my recent message in the thread. Curently syncing repo. Which kernel and common trees you used to build ?

2 Likes

But replace https://github.com/Exynos7420/android_device_samsung_zero-common in
https://github.com/itsclarence/android_device_samsung_zero-common or you will probably get a build-error

2 Likes

Nice thank you for a tip. I see you set selinux to permissive and adjusted gralloc.
According to https://doc.e.foundation/how-tos/build-e its built via docker. Are you doing it the same way or like in https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zerofltexx/build ? A bit confused. If you have spare time I would like to kindly ask you to talk via discord ( or any other platform ). MOBO will arrive in 10 days.

1 Like

Telegram is ok…@itsclarence

Most of the time I use this build-script.

1 Like

I assume that you change most of the vars to fit the release. Do you change CUSTOM_PACKAGES or leave it completely empty? I saw in thread that SIGN_BUILDS is false for now. Do you remove OpenDelta from build ?

No I did not…

I did change that in true…
My main problem was that selinux was disabled. I didn’t know how to change that into permissive or enforcing. I can certainly use your help with that. You’re the pro…

1 Like

Hardly a pro :joy: First time building a ROM so my guess you got more knowledge on the subject :slight_smile: My background in IT does help but still to make a stable build and then debug is a challenge.

1 Like

Hi, Do you think this build can be used everyday or not ?
( I don’t know the exacts limitations of unofficials builds…)
Thanks for keeping S6 alive !

OK so far i can report this:

e-0.16-q-20210323-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip

Again - Thank you itsclarence
SM-G920F SER region.
Booted very fast after clean flashing ( less than 30 seconds )

COFIRMED ISSUE
Echo problem. Simple dialer also with echo. The person on the line hears his own voice clearly with a delay of a few seconds.
CURRENTLY WORKING ON A FIX
Already have significantly reduced echo confirmed. Tweaking configs to make it disappear (or at least minimize it to barely noticable levels). The volume of recieved voice by the other party is reduced . Talking via speaker is still with echo.
This issue is present on all AOSP based ROMs on s6/s6 edge/s7 (Even s7’s which were officially sold via /e/ store https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/503 ). In my humble opinion this might be one of the major reasons official support was dropped since the issue is not resolved.

This is due to proprietary noise cancelling samsung code, at least according to XDA forums. There is even a topic called “THE ECHO” [sic]

Looked through enesuzun2002 lineage github repo ( person who maintained s6 [Exynos7420] android_device_samsung_zero-common.
His tweaks ( commit/c754e7b30ed47e83106dff468c2279f9162bc7d7 )
seem to reduce the echo but still at levels which are not acceptable.
Since I cannot find any proper documentation about this functionality I have tried adjusting values in question by intuition. So far the echo is much lower but results seem to be inconsistent. Further adjustment is required but since its my only current device which is in use, more time is needed to resolve.

UPDATE
After analysing logs during call I can see that selinux might be working even if it is reported disabled from system settings. If it is in fact true then all adjustments had no effect, and the inconsistency is due to some sort of adaptive volume control by the OS which works incorrectly.

audio@2.0-servi: type=1400 audit(0.0:2781): avc: denied { read } for name="mixer_paths_0.xml" dev="sda15" ino=143138 scontext=u:r:hal_audio_default:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:media_rw_data_file:s0 tclass=file permissive=1

BT audio works correclty both during call and media playback.
Both cameras and proximity sensor - working as intended.
Gyroscope ( auto rotate ) - works as intended
Fingerprint lock - works as intended.
Wifi - works as intended.
GPS - works as intended. Found my location in about 10 seconds in the building. The magic earth is outdated so it wont load maps correctly. Magic earth app can be sideloaded or installed via 3rd party app store.
Wireless charging - works as intended.
Screen and sound record - works as intended.
Default apps ( calendar , calculator , weather , clock , contacts etc. ) - so far no issues.

Default theme switching functionality - after picking font, color, iconset, name and pressing save, Settings app hangs. Stopping the app resolves the issue and the saved theme is availible.

@oneearth wrote about attachments via MMS - works correctly in my case. I can attach a file and send MMS.
SIP calls also working with the standard dialer. Connected a SIP account to my server.
In built system VPN works ( At least pptp ) .
Mobile hotspot works, and the feature which allows hotspot clients to use active system VPN also works.
Audio via 3.5 Jack works.
LED indicator works:

• when missing calls or sms are present.
  • Battery below 15% slow red blink
  • During charge ( both wireless and wired ) stays red

Miracast - sees the TV to connect but goes into reboot ( e logo ) during connection.
Will post more while testing.
@Clem22 I am considering to use this everyday. So far the Miracast is an issue for me. But as soon as I will be able to build it myself I will try to combat the issue with it since i know how this can be fixed via edits to build.prop

Right now I am redownloading ( For some reason my build fails nearly immideatly) the repo to attempt to build this…

6 Likes

August 31, 2021 Update for those still engaged: Just installed @itsclarence’s most recent 0.18 build without incident. Initial notes: LTE now shows instead of 4G and UI seems more responsive. Will check back in this thread as I get a chance to test.

As always, a big THANK YOU to @itsclarence for keeping this device relevant. :+1:

3 Likes

September 1, 2021 Update:

NetGuard app (still) does not work- as a FYI, somewhere along the line the internal network stack is borked, and NOT the fault of /e/ or this unofficial build.

WiFi still spontaneously disconnects (even with Location “on”)- again, likely related to the above and not the fault of the OS or this build.

No change to the persistent and pernicious “echo” problem with this device while using the native dialer or “Simple Dialer”. However, as a reminder, this audio issue is NOT present while using the “calling” functions of Signal or Telegram.

If there’s anything else I run across, I’ll post another update.

Kosmo, I know this reply is a bit late, but if this is true that would be pretty awesome. BTW: Excellent write-up!

1 Like

Where did you downloaded it? I haven’t seen the link for that version.

I tried to install the 0.16 build using adb sideload and it’s hanging ad the splashscreen for something like… forever?

latest /e/ Quince-tart-UNOFFICIAL-zerofltexx.zip

3 Likes

Hmm weird, I have the same model and it doesnt recognise my sim at all, thinks theres 2 slots instead of one and the imei is “unavailable”. Any other rom i try works fine though, dunno whats causing this

Good day, I’ve been trying to create an up-to-date e/os rom for zerofltexx via Docker for days. But I always get the same error. Can someone please tell me what else I need to do to make it work? I have already tried a few things, but honestly I do not know where the error is or what else I need to do.
Here is the docker output from today:

>> [Sat Nov 26 14:56:42 UTC 2022] Starting build for zerofltexx, v1-q branch
15:07:14 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
e[1mbuild/make/core/product_config.mk:223: e[31merror: e[0me[1mCan not locate config makefile for product "lineage_zerofltexx".e[0m
15:07:15 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

... A new version of repo (2.29) is available.
... You should upgrade soon:
    cp /srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/repo /usr/local/bin/repo

repo sync has finished successfully.

fatal: couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/lineage-17.1

LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos:
LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5:
LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420:
LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax:
LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420:
LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420: sleeping 4.0 seconds before retrying

error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5 from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420 from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420 from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5 from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420 from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax
error: Cannot fetch LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420 from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420
error: Cannot checkout LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos: ManifestInvalidRevisionError: revision refs/heads/lineage-17.1 in LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos not found
error: in `sync --force-sync hardware/samsung hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5 hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420 hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax kernel/samsung/exynos7420`: revision refs/heads/lineage-17.1 in LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos not found
Device zerofltexx not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from LineageOS Github (http://github.com/LineageOS).
Found repository: android_device_samsung_zerofltexx
Default revision: lineage-17.1
Checking branch info
Using fallback branch: lineage-15.1
Checking if device/samsung/zerofltexx is fetched from android_device_samsung_zerofltexx
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_zerofltexx -> device/samsung/zerofltexx
Using fallback branch lineage-15.1 for android_device_samsung_zerofltexx
Syncing repository to retrieve project.
Repository synced!
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/zerofltexx
Adding dependencies to manifest
Checking if device/samsung/zero-common is fetched from android_device_samsung_zero-common
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_zero-common -> device/samsung/zero-common
Using fallback branch lineage-15.1 for android_device_samsung_zero-common
Syncing dependencies
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/zero-common
Checking if hardware/samsung is fetched from android_hardware_samsung
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung -> hardware/samsung
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung
Checking if hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos is fetched from android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos -> hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos
Checking if hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5 is fetched from android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5 -> hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5
Checking if hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420 is fetched from android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420 -> hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420
Checking if hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax is fetched from android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax -> hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax
Checking if kernel/samsung/exynos7420 is fetched from android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420 -> kernel/samsung/exynos7420
Using default branch for android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420
Syncing dependencies
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung
hardware/samsung has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5 has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420 has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in kernel/samsung/exynos7420
kernel/samsung/exynos7420 has no additional dependencies.
Done
15:08:18 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
e[1mbuild/make/core/product_config.mk:223: e[31merror: e[0me[1mCan not locate config makefile for product "lineage_zerofltexx".e[0m
15:08:18 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
15:08:20 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
15:08:20 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

** Don't have a product spec for: 'lineage_zerofltexx'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'
>> [Sat Nov 26 15:08:20 UTC 2022] Failed build for zerofltexx
>> [Sat Nov 26 15:08:20 UTC 2022] Finishing build for zerofltexx
>> [Sat Nov 26 15:08:20 UTC 2022] Cleaning source dir for device zerofltexx
15:08:22 Entire build directory removed.

#### build completed successfully (2 seconds) ####

>> [Sat Nov 26 16:08:10 UTC 2022] Starting build for zerofltexx, v1-q branch
16:16:28 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
16:16:29 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

error: in `sync --force-sync hardware/samsung hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5 hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420 hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax kernel/samsung/exynos7420`: revision refs/heads/lineage-17.1 in LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos not found
Device zerofltexx not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from LineageOS Github (http://github.com/LineageOS).
Found repository: android_device_samsung_zerofltexx
Default revision: lineage-17.1
Checking branch info
Using fallback branch: lineage-15.1
Checking if device/samsung/zerofltexx is fetched from android_device_samsung_zerofltexx
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_zerofltexx -> device/samsung/zerofltexx
Using fallback branch lineage-15.1 for android_device_samsung_zerofltexx
Syncing repository to retrieve project.
Repository synced!
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/zerofltexx
Checking if device/samsung/zero-common is fetched from android_device_samsung_zero-common
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_zero-common -> device/samsung/zero-common
Using fallback branch lineage-15.1 for android_device_samsung_zero-common
Syncing dependencies
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/zero-common
Checking if hardware/samsung is fetched from android_hardware_samsung
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung -> hardware/samsung
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung
Checking if hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos is fetched from android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos -> hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos
Checking if hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5 is fetched from android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5 -> hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5
Checking if hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420 is fetched from android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420 -> hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7420
Checking if hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax is fetched from android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax -> hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax
Using default branch for android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax
Checking if kernel/samsung/exynos7420 is fetched from android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420
Adding dependency: LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420 -> kernel/samsung/exynos7420
Using default branch for android_kernel_samsung_exynos7420
Syncing dependencies
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung
hardware/samsung has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5 has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7420 has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax
hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in kernel/samsung/exynos7420
kernel/samsung/exynos7420 has no additional dependencies.
Done
16:17:31 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
16:17:31 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
16:17:35 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
16:17:35 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

** Don't have a product spec for: 'lineage_zerofltexx'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'
>> [Sat Nov 26 16:17:35 UTC 2022] Failed build for zerofltexx
>> [Sat Nov 26 16:17:35 UTC 2022] Finishing build for zerofltexx
>> [Sat Nov 26 16:17:35 UTC 2022] Cleaning source dir for device zerofltexx
16:17:38 Entire build directory removed.

#### build completed successfully (4 seconds) ####

>> [Sat Nov 26 17:44:24 UTC 2022] Starting build for zerofltexx, v1-q branch
17:51:21 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
17:51:22 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1