After not succeeding with Android T I did build for Android R and this time it worked!
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (2015) SM-T810 eOS-R-1.15
So far I tested and worked:
Camera and Video
audio through headphone jack
Bluetooth does work. Can someone test USB connection?
Please see sources and install instructions including recovery here:
Use it at you own risk!
Please support the developer(s)!
Downloading right now
Perhaps add Tab or Tablet to the headline…
This also means, you could downgrade from LOS 20, to /e/ R, right!?
I only put LOS 18.1 for that reason, but seems like it was not nescecery…
My daughter beat me:
One issue, but have this seen this on a nother ROM at some stage - can not add murena account
Yes, I downgraded from LOS20 to 18.1
I could connect to my Murena account successfully
Since I have a SM-T713 (Samsung S2 Tab 8.0 2016) I’ll give it a try now with LOS-18.1 and eOS-r
Since SM-T710 and (SM-T813) I can try also to build for eOS-r, but cannot test myself.
Please let me know if you are interested
Hi, I’m interested and could test:
Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE (2016) SM-T819 gts210velte
Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) SM-T813 gts210vewifi
Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 LTE (2016) SM-719 gts28velte
Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016) SM-713 gts28vewifi
Just found it on the XDA forum. Unfortunately not R but Q. I would need a while until I install also the LOS-17.1 and eOS Q sources… I will start with T713, since I have this device and can test
For the T813 + T713 I use this CustomROM.
This is Android 7. Great that this is still supported.
For the T813 LOS-18.1 version is also available:
There exists even an alpha version of LOS20 for the T813. Since I did not succeed with porting the T810 I will try the LOS-18.1 (Android 11) first and LOS-17.1 maybe
Yes @ronnz98, it’s “only” LOS 14.1 (Android 7), but much more privacy friendly than the original LOS. The OS is continuously supported (monthly) by an enthusiast and expert. I also install a MinMicroG package and mod the user interface, e.g. full gesture control.
[quote=“Gianna, post:9, topic:51708”]
- Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE (2016) SM-T819 gts210velte
- Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) SM-T813 gts210vewifi
- Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 LTE (2016) SM-719 gts28velte
- Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016) SM-713 gts28vewifi
So SM-713 is ready with eOS Q
I wasn’t successful with upgrading from Pie to Q eOS via adb sideload. But new install did work
Well it seems to work as outlined in XDA forum for LOS-17.1 Build:
Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
- A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your tablet and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it’s always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn’t only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That’s not to say that Clean Installing won’t ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.
* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the tablet.
- Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.
- The rom bootloops only after clean flashing. Force rebooting allows it to boot properly the second time and every time afterwards. See the FAQ’s above.
- The cameras work, but with a delayed response, so they are impractical to use.
T719 & T819: RIL does not work at all.
However, Camera (and thus video) I did not get to work
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (2016)
Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: SM-T713 (Wi-Fi)
Device CodeName: ts28vewifi
Version of Stock android 7.0 - T713XXU2BRB2
Version of /e/OS e-1.15-q-20230903-UNOFFICIAL-gts28vewif by @ronnz98
Version of Custom Recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-gts28vewifi by @Deltadroid
The device is Not rooted
Hi @ronnz98, I did a clean fresh install but after booting the system hangs on the animated e-logo. An additional factory reset did not bring any improvement either.
Maybe the source code of LineageOS 16.0 + 17.1 by dev @wickenberg’s helps?
Even a forced restart several times does not bring my S2 8.0 tablet any further. It gets stuck at the animated e-logo.
did you perform a clean install with fully wipe etc? For me it worked as described as in the XDA forum.
Second time it booted.
Do you try also on the T713?
Yes, a slick clean installation SM-T713.
hmm, let me outline what I did.
Install twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28vewifi via SD card
Factory reset and then format (cache, system and data)
Install the image, wipe dalvik cache
Boot. First time stuck with e logo. Reboot, this time it should boot