[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial Pi/e/ Community Build for Samsung Galaxy S5 mini - kminilte (G800F/G800M/G800Y)

I deleted the build from my server andam just about to do look for the error as I got my hands on an s5mini myself i will put it back up and ping you here once i get it working, should be just a matter of apllying the right patches :slight_smile:

OK, understood. If I can do anything supporting you (e.g. testing) just let me know.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

a working build should be up at the same location as before in max 10 minutes :slight_smile: also @cellulosam

2 Likes

Hi Chimpthepimp, I’ve just installed your build and it works!!! :rofl:
Thank you so much!
I’ll try it with a sim card; for the moment, I note that SELinux is not working.

1 Like

I will test it when I am back from work. Is there any manual I can use? I only installed e on two S7…

if I can recommend a simple method, that I followed, is this (assuming that you already have TWRP installed and a SD card):

• copy on the sd card the three files extracted from the zip file you downloaded from Chimpthepimp
  • from TWRP install the zip file (I had to format and wipe the precedent installation of a Lineage rom)

Yes depending on the file you download that is correct, if you downloaded just the rom zip without md5chesksum stuff no need to extract, only copy to sdcard, wipe everything (data, caches, system) except internal storage and sdcard, and then continue with flashing :slight_smile:
@cellulosam regarding the selinux, as i took spookcities lineage-16.0 sources and in these it is not working it won’t work in this build, fixing it would exceed my knowledge and capabilities by far :smiley:

WORKS. So far I see no problems: Camera ok, OpenLauncher ok, some apps installed and ok.
The device is for my son (e.g. to be able to video-call family members) - he is sooo happy!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

1 Like

BTW: I followed this guide: https://doc.e.foundation/devices/klte/install

1 Like

Congratulations !.!
as I know it was not LineageOS supported…

1 Like

There’s something wrong with the audio, but I do not know if it is related to the build:

• if I use the audio-recorder and hold the device like 0.5 m away from me the recorded track is loud and clear
  • If I use a headset and use messaging apps like jitsee.meet or wire same result
  • If I use the internal mic with the messaging apps WITHOUT hands-free everything is fine, too
  • BUT If I use handsfree the partners can’t hear me - incredibly low audio…

I had the idea that maybe the echo cancelling might cut my mic audio?

1 Like

i can t really replicate your failing scenario, as i don t use the s5 mini with a sim card so no possibility to make calls, but it seems my handsfree devices are all working with it… maybe you can test your hands-free device on another device, so that we kn ow that it works correctly…

Sorry, I expressed myself very difficult. “Handsfree” should mean you use the loud speaker and maybe another internal mic to avoid holding the device at your head. So no external devices.

1 Like

OR: if I use Wire or JitsiMeet “hands free” others can’t hear me. If I use them classical with the device at my ear it is good.

1 Like

for me jitsi is working with “hands free” mode from 0.5M away, i can here myself… not in really good voice quality but understandable… so that does not work for you at all?

Hm…there seems to be sth wrong with my mobile. Can you please check this results?

Yeahwell that was what i tried with jitsi already and it seems to be working for me…

Hm…let us check another thing: can you get your fingerprint sensor working? Coz I can’t.

i could enroll it and unlock as well but it is kind of buggy and doesnt detect really good compared to modern fingerprint sensors… i think it is the same for lineage and as /e/ is build on base of it coming from there… what may help is to enroll the finger you use for it more than 1time only :slight_smile:

OK. I need to geht another Phone, there seems to be sth wrong. Thank you for your work!