[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial Pie Build for Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte)

It’s actually not a wrong software configuration but the lack of sources the LOS devs would need from Samsung to solve the problem.

Hi guys,
Sorry for the delay… vacations, work change…
Anyway, here is the udpate with security patch on 5th August :

And the md5 :

As usual, I installed it on my phone and eveything seems to be working…

2 Likes

Hi @LaurentG
thank you for your efforts! No need to apologize, i am happy that you do this at all. Will let you know how it works after testing.

Hi @timothys_monster
the feedback may not be necesserily from the build. Many of my customers experience feedback, when on loudspeaker, on different phones, different manufacturers, different Android versions. The feedback also depends on the environment, if you are in car, in a room with little furniture+no carpets=more feedback, more furniture+more carpets=less/no feedback, similar situation inside cars. Feedback also depends on the configuration of the site and you can’t do much about this. It may also depends on the wireless waves in the place where you are. I wish you good luck tweaking this.

Thanks. I know that my wife had the issue on her phone due to a certain case she was using. When you took off the case, the feedback was gone, too. But for me it is definitely the OS. On the stock Android with the same phone, same house, same case the feedback didn’t even occur once. But now everyone is yelling at me whenever I turn on the loudspeaker: “I can hear myself and can’t concentrate!” Hahaha

Sorry guys (again…)
New version here with security patch on 5th October

WIth md5 :

As usual, just installed, everything seems to be working as expected…

2 Likes

This works perfectly, thanks!

A few days ago I reinstalled /e/ OS. Because my phone had recurrent reboots, I had been back on stock build during several months and after a convincing battery replacement and months of procrastination for saving all my data and manipulating the phone system, I’m finally back on /e/ OS…

First I reinstalled the last official Oreo build (0.19 dev) but after a few hours I faced issues with MicroG and notifications, so I decided to go a step further and install this unofficial build and up to now I don’t regret it :slight_smile:

Hi guys…
Bad news, my phone has few hardwares issues and I had to go back on stock firmware…
So ! For this build, I did test anything… please be careful.
Please, tell me if there is anything bad, I will remove the link :

and the md5

I hope to go back really soon on /e/
Sorry again…

1 Like

Sorry for that. On my side, as previously explained, for the last days I have been back on /e/OS with this unofficial build (the 0.19 version released in October). And unfortunately I am facing unwanted reboots again…
I can’t identify any reason for this, there is no particular action causing this, sometimes it even occurs while I am not using the phone. Sometimes, 3 times a day, sometimes no. The phone does not respond to an action during 1-2 seconds and then reboots (and this reboot seems shorter than a normal reboot).

When I was back on stock firmware, it was very rare (once in 2 or 3 months maybe).

For the moment it stay on this build, and will see how it goes.

That’s strange… I didn’t have any issues like that when I was on this unofficial build…
Personnally, I had issues with my bluetooth but it’s an hardware issue…

In my case, the problem is not only on this build, but on /e/ OS in general. I already faced this one year ago, that is why I went back to stock firmware during 6 months and changed my battery.

Ok good to know.
I think about moving to an S9 which is strongly supported by /e/

There are not many small phones supported, could you recommend a 5 inch model like S7 ?
I think maybe Samsung Galaxy Xover 5 64GB ?
Whats your thought on this.

/e/OS works well for me on my S7. I am on the dev channel, so I’m running Oreo. Occasionally there is a random reboot, but I would say that it only happens once every few weeks.

Sony have made several excellent compact devices. Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) and Z5 Compact (suzuran) are both officially supported be /e/. There is also an unofficial /e/ ROM for XZ1 Compact (lilac). You can find the specs of all these phones on GsmArena

I am also thinking about getting the S9 in the future, which is the last Samsung model (with S9+) among the Murena phones, with good support. The screen is larger but the form factor is “only” 5mm higher than the S7, and smaller than the S8. And it is surely easier and cheaper to find on refurbishers stores than other brands models.

I owned the Z3 Compact in the past, it was a very good phone but I never had the opportunity to test it with /e/ OS.

Guys,
happy new year !
New version :

With md5 :

I’m still on the stock firmware, so I cannot test this build.
Please backup before installing…

3 Likes

Thank you very much Laurent. It’s working fine on my S7.
And Happy new year !

Many thanks!
It seems fine also for me (update with a cache wipe only).

The only thing is that a “Voice Recognition” icon and notification appears after startup, without the possibility to close it (only when it crashed).

Thanks a lot for the good job. All is fine on my S7