[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial Pie Build for Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte)

Browser app freezes and displays a force close message very often on twitter for example, seems like it’s where there is video contents…

I confirm (to myself) since last update and/or microG expozure video contents in browser can’t be read more than a second then it freezes

I got these me too !
I switched to Fennec Browser available on F-droid… Don’t know where the issue is and if /e/ can fix this in future release … ?

1 Like

I use the unofficial Pie Build since the first publication. All in all it works fine and is a great work. Many thanks to @LaurentG for building it. I use it as my daily driver!!

But, I have sometimes the following errors.

1. the “hardkey” back button, does not react after some time. It just nothing happen.
  2. tapping on an app to open it, does not trigger any reaction. The device seems to stop responding. It may be, that another app opens if I tap on it. But not always. Only a restart can fix the problem.

Since the build from march, sometimes my alarm clock does not play music. It is total silent. I never had this error before updating to the build of march.

With the last build (april), it seems that there is also a problem with the timer. It shows no time. There is shown a text: “no translation found for seconds (6550091082396571898)”. It works, but you cannot see, how long the timer should continue to run. The last minute then, the seconds are counted.

The same errors (all of them) occur after installing clean on my second S7 device. So I think, it cannot be a hardware error. But I want to find out, what could be the reason.
If no one else have this errors, it is maybe an app or an extension of magisk.

I will be glad, if I get some feedback, if anyone noticed the same errors.

Thanks.

Damn…
This ROM begins to have many issues !!!

In my case, I already have the “tapping on an app to open it, does not trigger any reaction.” I had to reboot the phone in order to fix it…

As i said before, I’m just a builder, I do not have skills to fix those issues… Too bad…
I hope future build will help…

1 Like

New build :

With the checksum :

Warning, for me, the first boot was extremely long… I tried to look at “adb logcat” but nothing to worry about…
I reboot the phone and it boot quickly… strange. After that, everything seems to be working… And the security patch is correctly on 5th April 2021

2 Likes

Installed ! Thanks! For me boot was “normally” long, weird…did you wiped cache…? I guess yes but in case =)

Yes of course… no explanation. :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

New build with new version 0.17 with security patch on May 5th :

Here is the md5 :

As usuall, just installed, everything seems to be working as expected…

3 Likes

Hi @LaurentG thanks!
What’s the difference that now it’s e-0.17 and not 16 anymore…? :thinking:
Thx

Absolutely no idea… :joy:
I guess there is a /e/ changelog somewhere but I did not find it
If someone knows where to look, don’t hesitate :slight_smile:

/e/ usually make release notes available when a release has finished testing and is ready for public consumption. v0.17 isn’t there yet.
Release notes can usually be found at https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/releases

1 Like

Just installed yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F and it seems to be working great! Thank you! The only problem i noticed so far is crashing Music app, after i created my first playlist and added songs to it. The app crashed and since then it crashes immediately after start.

I also see SELinux disabled in > settings > security & privacy > trust > status SELinux disabled. Shouldn’t this be enabled for higher security?

Hi guys,

A little bit late… sorry, crazy at work :sweat_smile:
New build with new version 0.18 with security patch on June 5th :

Here is the md5 :

I just installed and everything seems to be working…

1 Like

Thanks @LaurentG, good work!
How do you manage to backup/restore your data? Specifically those that can’t be done with /e/ account, like call history, sms-text messages, apps and their settings, different system settings,… This information would be helpful as your builds :wink: Somehow i can’t imagine you setup everything manually after every update. I checked this forum, there is a special topis on backup, but no useful solution without rooting your phone. Do you have phone rooted?

I didn’t mention how to backup your data because it’s same everywhere…

This updates can be install without wiping all data, I personnaly do not backup every build (this is bad, don’t do it) and juste install the update over the previous one.
If a build goes wrong I simply reinstall the previous one

Nevertheless, for SMS/calls, i synchronize it with my personnal nextcloud instance (there is a nextcloud app for that) so you can synchronize with your /e/ account
For apps, I’m an old fashionned guy, I use titanium backup.
But there is not an only one solution

This is the first time I ever flashed another OS on my phone. I started using the easy installer and then realized that it was shipped with Android 7 and not 8 as stated in the docs. So I found this thread, followed the install instructions step by step and now my phone works even better than before and with Android 9!

Just wanted to chime in and say THANK YOU for your hard work and sharing it with us. The latest version works perfectly fine for me - all my apps and Nextcloud services running smoothly and no bugs detected :slight_smile:

Well, I still have to figure out how to run my banking app, but that is a different topic. So far I am really happy how easy a degoogled life can be when there is Nextcloud and E (or Lineage) :grin:

1 Like

Is anyone else having issues with a “loudspeaker feedback”? Whenever I put someone on loudspeaker they hear themselves delayed and distorted. So I need to switch it off in order for them to understand.

This is a known issue with other customROMs, as well. AFAIK it won’t be possible to fix it due to proprietary Samsung stuff to which devs have no access.

1 Like

Oh what a shame! That is really a major issue… I remember my wife had the same problem with her S9 and stock Android - but it was due to the design of the case she had for the phone. When you used the phone without case it was gone. Weird that it can happen with the wrong software configuration, too.