[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial Pie Build for Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte)

unfortunately, i do not think it will become official…
I guess Q can be installed on it but… I can’t inform you on this…
I simply build this rom for me and I share it with the community

1 Like

New build :

With md5 :

Security patch is on 5th February 2021

6 Likes

About yuka it worked if connected through FB -_-’
It forcecloses if trying to connect with email… :confused:

I managed to create an unofficial Q-build for the herolte.
This one is based on the latest LineageOS sources and TheMuppets-vendor.
I want to thank @SuzieQ for his time to test the builds.
Nevertheless, flash safe and clean. Backup your data and enjoy the build. You can read and share your experience here.

3 Likes

Prettty cool !!!
May be open a new thread, I guess many people can be interested by this one

« Even before /e/ removed the former premium ePhone Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte) / S7 Edge (hero2lte) from the eSolution store ttps://esolutions.store removed, /e/ forum member LauenzG »

3 Likes

Thanks @SuzieQ,
It was my pleasure.
I will continue to build, just in case
But, obviously, I will have to jump on Q :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @LaurentG,
the latest is not always automatically the best. A well-functioning 9Pie-ROM is a welcome alternative. Your 9Pie-ROMs have proven themselves over months and comforted S7 users, but we are disappointed by the official Oreo beta/e/ROM. /e/OS ‘Q’ is still in its infancy with /e/. You could continue building an e-0.1x-pie-herolte for some time until /e/Q is established. But you will do what you think is right.Thank you.

2 Likes

hello
I agree i’ll stay on this rock stable pie until i’m habituated to use /e/ and then i’ll upgrade to Q in a while, so @LaurentG don’t worry your updates will be useful…!
Thanks for your work until now and the upcoming one

@SuzieQ @roo
Don’t get me wrong, of course, until the Q version is not stable enough, I will continue to build this pie version :wink:

2 Likes

Sometimes my alarm clock doesnt work. The alarm is silent even though i have set a sound. After reboot it works again. Any idea, what could be the reason?

Hello, it works fine for me…i’m not an heavy user though but i’ll try to be vigilant about it
When updating on same rom version is wiping cache enough…? What about dalvik/ART ?
Thx

Hey there, thanks for that built.
Put in on a S7 Dual Sim (SM-G930FD) and most of the things work out.

3 things that dont work:

I cant use the speaker-option while making a call. it makes a echo.
Where can i switch off the 2nd SIM-Card? I cant find that button.
It seams to me that it charges quite slowly. My S5 was much quicker, using the same charger (2A)*

Thanks for helping out!

Normally you can leave them unwiped. If things act strange, wipe the cache.

I do it anyways, next boot takes a bit longer but the cache is clean.

1 Like

Hello
I’m surprised to have a MicroG install to make through Apps should i install it?
Thx

The MicroG update installs support for the Exposure Notifications Framework, which is needed for some national Covid tracing apps to work. As far as I know, there’s no not to install it:

• The feature is disabled by default
  • It is only enabled if you install and use an app which needs it
  • The way it works, it doesn’t send any identifiable data to the network (or anywhere else)

More information on the framework in Wikipedia

1 Like

Hello
Thanks @petefoth ! I haven’t any app needing it so there is no urge to install it
Have a nice day

New build :

With the checksum :

As usual, everything seems to be working… And the security patch is correctly on 5th March 2021

3 Likes

Hello
Since last update 210402 and/or microG install i get force closes more often…does someone has noticed this too?
Thx!

@roo What do you mean? Reboots? I ve deserved one random reboot since installing.