[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus) eOS Q-build

A new build for the Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus)
Make a back-up first, because this an untested build. Please share your experience

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Thanks i try a soon as possible.

Hi there. So, are there any news regarding /e/ on Mi 9? Has anyone tried it yet? Is there still active development?

Will /e/ ever officially support the Mi 9? I have considerable doubts about that, because ’ The LineageOS Project ’ does not support the ‘cepheus’.

The Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus) is a lightning-fast phone with a first-class display. My Mi 9 runs really well with LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG +….

But a recent eOS Q-build from our @itsclarence would be much appreciated and I would try it out immediately. It would also be nice if already the Android Security Patch April 5, 2021 were inetgrated, because GrapheneOS Android 11 has updated it since yesterday.

Okay…the testing can begin…@SuzieQ and @Hixx

Enjoy…

Hello @itsclarence, you’re a magician, right … :o)|

I’m horrified to find that Xiaomi has imposed a 336 hour (14 day) wait on me this time instead of the usual 168 hour (7 day) wait before I am allowed to unlock the bootloader. The test will unfortunately have to wait a few more days. I’m inconsolable :-(|

Haha, no problem at all of course. I’m always glad with your help and advices… have a nice weekend

@itsclarence, my new Mi 9 may be unlocked from next Wednesday late at night.

Signing Builds
Generating the keys

Is there anything positive to announce?

maybe you have a crystal ball? I have been working for 2 days and many hours to discover what I am doing wrong. I hope I can figure it out … to be continued

Ha ha, oh no, I’m glad I don’t have any. Then there would be no more surprises for me.

I’m very happy to hear that they are working on it.Unofficial ROMs with test keys are the norm. Unofficial ROMs with privately signed keys are the positive exception to the rule and thus an additional quality feature for the ROM builder. It is only a small component of the whole, but it shows conscientiousness and security thinking.