Unstable WIFI with Android Q and FP3

The keep-alive setting part of /e/ OS i guess?
Do you know if there’s a ticket or something created for this? i haven’t seen one

wow… just now i had the buzzer go off, and a message appear saying:

:black_medium_small_square: Silent notification
Android-system
Wifi watchdog triggered
Wifi fixed after restart

??? i’ll restart then :smiley:

– edit–
My battery theory doesn’t fly, because i’m having issues again(May30), and it created a bugreport.zip, while my battery was at 97%.(i’m trying to get it to gitlab, but i have issues registering there)
The WIFI crashing happens at a location where two other phones have no problem connecting to the same WIFI router, and i’m not even moving in/out of the WIFI range

Ditto with getting the wifi watchdog notification. Should it be uploaded to gitlab? I’ve got it saved incase I should.

It’s happened twice thus far

edit: tagging @Manoj for advice :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, yes /e/ uses gitlab for bugtracking.
It can be found via https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP3/

1 Like

It might be worth to at least try out to “reset wifi” as mentioned here in this post with similar symptoms:

2 Likes

Thanks!
i found the /e/ OS way to reboot into safe mode here
but i first tried the

settings > system > advanced > reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

But the wifi connection did disconnect again afterwards.
next, i’ll find out what’s involved with the reboot

–edit-- it’s now connected to the 5Ghz band and didn’t fail in the last 8 hours.
(in my case,at least at 2.4Ghz it shows that problem.
WIFI analyzer showed there’s multiple people in the same 2.4Ghz channel, but not on my 5Ghz channel)

2 Likes

This a serious issue and needs to be addressed. Has this already been reported on github?

1 Like

I couldn’t find any obvious match, but you can check yourself, and raise a new issue if not
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=✓&state=opened&search=wifi+fp3

I have the same problem. Its /e/OS 0.16 current version on FP3+. All of a sudden I get kicked out. Some apps fail to synchronize being in my wifi. Mail does not work, nextcloud does not work and some other apps. Seems for me “sth. is in the middle” while being connected to wifi. Everything works fine being on mobile data though. I checked different wifi’s and routers. All the same, I registered my home wifi again and so on but no improvement. I also reset the network connections on my FP3+, no difference.
This is very odd. Maybe some cache is getting filled to limits…?

1 Like

Dear all, maybe I found the solution but not the reason. I checked step by step my router/internet modem (cable/fritz.box) as well as wifi/network specifications in my FP3+. I realized there is a wifi where everything works fine and connection is stable. Long story short: I disabled IPv6 in my router and everything works fine. WIFI is stable and I can connect to all websites and every app is working. I have no clue how IPv6 has an influence on WIFI-connection but this is the problem obviously.

My question is now: Is eOS and/or FP3(+) not IPv6 ready? How can that be with Android 10?

3 Likes

I have the same problem and created an issue: FP3 WIFI unreliable, frequent disconnects (#4028) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

1 Like