Upgrade Samsung A52 /e S to /e T without step over stock rom

I have a Samsung A52 with latest version of Android 12. e-1.17-s-20231110351092-dev-a52q.zip
I know, I don’t update automaticly with the “Updater”. I must use the recovery und upgrade manuell with e-2.3-t-20240819427106-dev-a52q.zip
BUT, in the instruction is writen: "Before installing /e/OS on the Samsung Galaxy A52 4G a52q for the first time, install the latest stock OS version 13 build on the device ".
I don’t have a stock rom installed. I have /e/OS. Now I must really first install the stock ROM? That’s not nice, because I must reset the phone?
Or can I Upgrade directly without the step over the sock rom?

Hi @msfox welcome to the /e/ forum.

I am sorry to say that it will be necessary to revert to stock ROM, there is a support topic page here Revert Samsung Device to stock ROM on Windows PC.

This ROM, unusually for current /e/OS Android 13(T), contains an updater-script which includes in line 2

abort(“ERROR: This package requires Android 13 based firmware. Please upgrade firmware and retry!”

This issue was seen here Upgrade from android 12 to android 13 and Can't install e/OS on Samsung Galaxy A52 with adb

Thanks.
I don’t know, if I had installed Android 13 Stock, before I had flashing /e/OS with Android 12. That was in december 2023. In this time, the phone was uptodate with Stock Rom. How can I check, maybe the correct firmeware is installed?

When you installed /e/OS at Android 12, you would almost certainly have been required to have Android 12 stock.

Try Settings > About phone > Android version.

In this section you should find Vendor patch level and Baseband version. With a Samsung, very often an online search of Baseband version will reveal your (last stock derived) firmware.

I will get back to stock rom in order to install the last version of e/OS. It’s gonna take time to get everything back to as it is now (configuration, applications, etc…).
I saw that Android 14 is avaliable as stock ROM so I wouldn’t like to upgrade to Android 13 if e/OS switches to android 14 soon. Don’t want to do the job twice, once is already boring me.
Does anyone know if a new version of e/OS with Android 14 will be released soon ?

It probably will happen within a few months. Meanwhile Lineage4micog is available a52q at Android 14, so you could perhaps use that till /e/Os is released.

Thanks for your reply.
I don’t know Lineage4micog, how do we switch from it to e/OS ? We can directly install e/OS above it ?

Yes, should be ok. Make sure you have a backup strategy though, “just in case”.

/e/OS is forked from Lineage; Lineage4microg is another fork or variant.

I was reading the forum and saw the following post:

So I was wondering if it was possible, instead of going back to stock ROM, to upgrade, as described in the post above, the firmware by taking firmware from an Android 13 ROM and then installing an Android 13 version of e/OS? Does that avoid going back to stock ROM and reinstall all the applications and settings?