V0.13 Stable builds released

@Manoj
Cool, thanks!

Can you provide some details (link) with respect to the bug in the Nougat builds?

Is this bug still present in the latest dev builds for Nougat?

Do you plan an updated 0.13 release for Nougat once the bug is fixed?

Should I have got the 0.13 build already or when can I expect it to be available?

pl can you share the device model …you can also check the latest versions of the builds here against your device name / model

1 Like

It’s a One plus 7 Pro (guacamole).

The latest builds are v0.13 for the guacamole…not sure why it is not showing up OTA on your device. There was an issue with the 0.12 build across devices which could be the problem here. Worst case you may have to take a backup of your data and manually do a clean install of the latest build to restart the OTA’s for subsequent builds

1 Like

@Manoj and @GaelDuval , a suggestion: people are often waiting for the new build for their phone. Would it be an idea to publish a planniing for which phones get updated when, accepting that delays happen? But then people know where their phone is ‘in the line’

1 Like

Will release a list on a bi weekly basis starting from 2021 …most probably 2nd week.
This will have the devices we will be adding or upgrading.

10 Likes

"The stable build for all devices purchased from the [eShop ] are being released.
The version will be 0.13 and is for Oreo, Pie and Q builds.
This release will not include nougat builds as there is a bug which the team is fixing."
Hello Manoj,
Your message is rather strange for me. I have a Samsung S 7 bought from /e/.
Its runs with Android 7.1.2 => Nougat
And yet I got the latest OTA release 0.13-2020121590529 on the 15th december
The OTA is now “in the phone” and it seems that all is OK.
So the bug with Nougat was fixed ?

Good to hear that the nougat build is working. Once issues are identified in the testing the dev team works on the resolution and comes out with the fix. Which then gets released in subsequent builds.

1 Like

Hello all,

After release update on my s9, Same issue with one drive and outlook.

One drive shutdown auto
Outlook is in clock mode…
Apps cannot be moved out of a app group , mouvement blocked…

Thanks for help,
Xavier

have a look here

Hi Franck,

I have noticed that my phone shutdowns in about 14 hours because of an empty battery, when it used to be at about 5% after 40 hours before the last update.

Do you have the same issue ?

Thanks

Eric

Good morning Eric,

my phone acts normal to good in energy consumption. No reason to complain.

I’m at the moment visually impaired so I can’t write properly and for long.

On 0.13 pie on Samsung S8 SM-G950F the volume of the phone, the one which rings on incomng calla, is constantly set to zero after some time.

Thanks, Frank,

I have installed the same application to get the same indicators. Even with the screen off my phone consumes more than 4 times than yours.

And I do nothing particular with it in the background. OneDrive and MicroG are not uninstalled but the notifications wgen these apps crashes are off so I do not know how many retries they do.

I have a Samsung S9P, what is yours ?

Cordialement,

Eric D. J.

Hello Eric,
maybe the crashing OneDrive could be a problem. I uninstalled OneDrive (btw. for me the Office App is a usable alternative for OneDrive) and wait for the next update of microG before reinstalling OneDrive. I use a Fairphone3 and I’m quite happy with /e/ as OS.

Hi !

Yes, I was asking to myself if the OneDrive crashes may be one of the reasons why the battery duration was shortened.

Well, after few days with that tool uninstalled, I can say it works much better !

I am happy all is working well for you with /e/ OS (except OneDrive of course).

I have several very basic features that have never worked for me. /e/ OS sounds like an alpha version to me.

I am really thinking about considering another OS…

I have to find the time to check the other ones.

Cordialement,

Eric D. J.

Hi,

I have a FP3 on which I did install in september V0.11 by myself.

Now, when I try to update in V0.13 with OTA, it fails. I have a black screen after the installation and it is written that the device can not boot.

Hopefully, I have been able to change the boot slot and to restart the FP3 with V0.11 but It seems not possible to update directly in V0.13.

Does anybody would have suggestion to help me in updating my phone?

Best

Pierryves

@AnotherElk wrote:

Where do you want it [the changelog] provided?

I suggest:

• add the link to the release notes/change log to this announcement

• make sure the link gets included in any future release announcements (-> add it to the announcement template)

• also add a link to the images

• and add a note that usually the image gets installed OTA and don’t need to be manually downloaded and installed

for reference/rationale:

• it took me an hour today to find the release notes
  • optimally there should to be a reason/motive to do things - here: install an OS update - the reason to do the update should be found in the release notes. The reason for the user to install the update should not consist merely of “because there is one”

Also please note:

Furthermore it is provided on the OS image download sites (example for FP3 … )

• https://images.ecloud.global/ does not have an index page, thus it comes back as a blank page. How is someone is supposed to discover the subpage you mention ?

Well, there’s always room for improvement.

I found it because I was interested in how to install /e/ on my device.
A possible way: https://e.foundation - Get Started - Browse Supported Devices - Install / build (for the device of choice) - Install … click here - Downloads for (device).