Week 03 : 2021: Development and Testing Updates

These are official builds and will be available and supported till the next build comes along. In this case it will be v0.14 which should come in 2-3 weeks time.

Actually I also need an answer to this question. The last update I got before signing off yesterday was that these upgrade builds + documentation was being published. Now I see it has not gone out :frowning:
Also we have hit the weekend. Let me check what happened and get back.
The problem with such delays is we have a list for next week and this will create quite a backlog.
As i mentioned let me check and get back.

4 Likes

Thanks again :slight_smile:
Ive been hitting refresh on my side every hour. Was conflicted on following up again on the forum given its the weekend.
But that’s the best time to mess around with updating the device, specially if its going to be a manual process

Oh. Ok. I thought you meant technically, the installation of /e/ concerning. But yes, FP is awesome :slight_smile:

Technically, installing /e/ OS on the FP3 is like installing a GSI*.IMG CustomROM with FASTBOOT commands - quite unlike the other /e/ OS ROM*.ZIPs and therefore a little more complex.

1 Like

but it’s not too complicated. You’ll have to follow this TUTORIAL step by step (the terminal commands can be copied 1:1) and the FP3 will start /e/ in less than 10 Minutes.
EDIT - if you are not VERY concerned about security, skip the last step where the bootloader is locked. It will make things easier when you change your mind in the future. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @frank.bxl,

I actually have installed /e/ already on my FP3. The question was not about my ability to install it, but on the nature of the difference between the phones.

Many greetings
-Hendrik

1 Like

Hi, the Nexus 6 (shamu) is mentioned to be updated to Q in week 3. In the device list, it is said to be on Q. But I can’t find the appropriate download. (https://doc.e.foundation/devices/shamu/upgrade) Can you please point me where I have to download this version? Thanks in advance! Micha

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.