Week 05 : 2021 : Development and Testing Updates

Issues carried forward from last week

• v0.14 causes boot issues in certain devices like A3, A5 ,A7 and Oneplus …users had to revert to previous version v0.13 to get the phone back in working condition.
  • Team working on identifying the reason behind this issue.
  • New devices due last week did not go out …the build for last weeks devices is in progress and should be released later today

New devices scheduled for release this week

New devices

• Android Q
    Last week list
    • Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (twolip) - released
    • Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite) - released
    • Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne) - released
    • Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout) - released
      This week
    • Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo)
    • Sony Xperia 10 (kirin)
    • Sony Xperia 10 Plus (mermaid)
    • Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager)
    • Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra (discovery)
    • Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c)
    • Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (s5neolte)
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (Wi-Fi) (gts4lvwifi)
    • Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (jactivelte)
  • Android Pie
    • OPPO Find 7a/s (find7)

Upgraded devices

• to Android Q
    From last week(Now available)

• OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)
    • OnePlus 5T (dumpling)
    • Xiaomi Mi 8 (dipper)
    • Xiaomi ‘Mi 6’ (sagit)
    • Xiaomi ‘Mi Note 3’ (jason)
    • Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
    • Motorola Moto G 2015 (osprey)
    • Motorola Moto G4 Play (harpia)
    • Motorola Moto X Play (lux)
      This week
      • Google PixelXL2 (taimen)
      • OnePlus One (bacon)
      • Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer)
      • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE (hlte)
      • Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini)
      • Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (natrium)
      • Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S (polaris)
  • We have two new Device Maintainers joining our team this week. Between them they would be releasing 3 + 1 = 4 devices.

• I am aware that adding new devices to the list when the previous set is not released does not look good but wanted to keep a little bit of pressure on the team :slight_smile:

• Note : We will be updating the documentation for certain AB devices which need to have a mandatory step during install to prevent going into a bootloop.
    The documentation needs to be made live and shall see if it can be done today.
    This is the section missing in our install instructions.
    Devices impacted : Motorola moto G7 , G7 plus , Oneplus 7 , 7 Pro besides some of the new devices being added.
    Update 3 Feb
    Week 4 new devices have been released. As you may notice I have marked them as released in the list above. You will also find the week 4 upgrades are also available now.

• This post will be updated as and when more inputs come in. Stay tuned for updates

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

10 Likes

I no longer understand the strategy of /e/. But I do like Marieke Roskes: “Time Pressure Hurts Performance Most When People Are Avoidance Motivated” (2013), Time Pressure Undermines Performance More Under Avoidance Than Approach Motivation, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.

Good news! :blush: Welcome to them :blush:

3 Likes

yes great welcome and thanks!

1 Like

ps these dev updates are great Manoj!

3 Likes

Yes I agree with that. Good job @Manoj !

1 Like

and I cannot wait till the updates of next week :):slight_smile:

1 Like

Knowing who one of the two new dev’s is, I’m happy with him as his enthusiasm will /e/ do good.
I wish both new dev’s good luck and much success in heir new side job.

3 Likes

What is with the stable update?

ok, the update just popped up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

almost time for the Samsung A3 2016, woohoo!! @Manoj , what is the process during these weeks, are the builds done on Monday and tested during the week? Or are they built as the week goes?

This week since we had a backlog the builds were made yesterday, It failed for 2 devices…jactivelte and find7
Both have been removed from the list. Rest of the device builds were successful so expect they should be released ASAP.

Hi:
Are them already released? If so, where are the links because the main page /devices/ has the same links and information.

No the release did not happen yesterday. Checking with the team what was the reason. Will update.

2 Likes

Thanks for all this updates. I really enjoy this transparency!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.