• R or Android 11
    • Q or Android 10
    • Pie or Android 9
  • Awaiting release

• Oreo or Android 8
    • Nougat or Android 7

:spiral_calendar: ETA for the Pie, Oreo, Nougat release is this coming week

• Release notes available here

:information_source: Difference between the dev , test and stable builds read this guide

OS OTA Upgrade of S9 / S9+

Plan for release

• s9/ 9+ users who are on Oreo to update their phone to v0.21-oreo

This will be released this coming week as mentioned above

• v0.21 Q build for s9 /s9+ will be published for allowing the upgrade from updater
  • Upgrade from OTA server will be opened up for a few hours daily

will share the release date during the week
    We will assess the initial release in case of any issue being reported

• The upgrade will be available for all users once we have good feedback on the initial release

:information_source: The build has been tested multiple times all the same we are being a bit cautious to avoid issues to our users.

Update 2 Feb 2022 Upgrade build is being released for a couple of hours daily.

Development Tasks

A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on

• Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
  • eDrive refactoring
  • Updates to microG Application
  • Contact groups not syncing with eDrive
  • Update MagicEarth app
  • Update Mail App
  • Updates to the AppStore

This is a tiny subset of what the team is working on. Some of the tasks are still under investigation and need to move to the development and testing phase.

/e/ R rollout

:slight_smile: Pleased to announce that we have released the devices we had promised to add or upgrade to /e/R as part of the plan.

The statistics speak for themselves

Device Type Count
New 81
Existing 63
Total 144

:pray:t2: to the team members who made this possible and an even bigger thanks to the users who shared their feedback for the builds.

:disappointed: The one device we have removed from the build is OnePlus One bacon. We had multiple partition size errors while build for it. Will have to take a call if we can continue support for this device or stop it on nougat and put a flag in our documentation, mentioning it is no longer supported.

:loudspeaker: This year we will come out with a new list which will have names of devices we will upgrade the OS on or new devices we will add to our supported list.

This post will be updated through the week

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

17 Likes

Is the app store fixed?

Hi,

I can’t see this update on my FP3

Thanks.

The topic is “Developement and Testing Updates”. You are most likely on the stable branch and will receive the update after it passes testing.

2 Likes

Do you guys plan to put all or part of these apps in the /e/Appstore? So updating them is not part of the rom…

3 Likes

Hi Julien,
There is a massive App Store update in progress. It is still under development and testing stage, so cannot share more details. It will impact all these points as well. Will share ETAs once we are sure the code changes work.

12 Likes

Hi Manoj,
This sounds like a good news ! Thank you for the clue, no need more details :wink:
Cheers

1 Like

I just installed v0.21 (Pie/Android 9) on my Fairphone 3. Everything works as intended so far.

Have you tried again? Which Android version are you using?

2 Likes

Is there a timeline for a stable Build for the Fairphone 3 on /R? I couldn’t find a answer…

If I remember right, then R is already out for fp3. It’s just not available OTA, you have to use the Easy Installer, but eventually lose your data if you’re going to update this way. Either backup your whole phone or wait to see what functionality the OTA update might bring :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

I have the update on my FP3 (bought on /e/ shop). I still on Android 10.
In my mind, my smartphone will update on Android 11. I must be patient.

I have the update this night and i never do anything for obtain the dev branch.
Number of build say “e_FP3-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20220122.015514 dev-keys,stable-release”

@Manoj : Thank for the dev’s team work. :hugs:

0.21-q stable got released in the meantime for the Fairphone 3/3+ … https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/.

Hi Manoj,
What are the task to be done for v 0.22 ?
What are the issues to be covered in v 0.22?

Thanks

Hi Manoj, until now there’s no 0.21 update for the beyond1lte, is there a problem with the update? the s10e and the s10+ got the 0.21 update already. thanks for the awesome work!

https://gitlab.e.foundation/groups/e/-/milestones/49#tab-issues

1 Like

Just got the OTA update on my S9 and everything looks good so far! A couple of small things:

• the upgrade messed up with my alarm settings so be wary of this if you need to be up in the morning :wink: basically the alarm sound got set to 0, I don’t know if it’s something I did or a default value in the update.
  • NewPipe does not work anymore (it fails to load anything). Again don’t know if the problem is newpipe or the upgrade.
  • the ability to swipe between pages in systems app (clock, phone…) Is gone, is this intended?

In any case, thanks for pushing this update, very happy to have it regardless of these issues !

2 Likes

Did the phone upgrade to Q ?

Yes it got upgraded to Q, I was a little surprised since there was no mention of it here other than “coming later in the week” but it worked fine

The build is being released for a few hours on a daily basis.

I just upgrade my S9 too. Operation went smoothly and everything seems to work as expected.
Happy to have the visual voice mail working :wink: !

I had to configure the digital unlock and all goes well again.

Nice job and many thanks!!

1 Like