Week 06, 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

Now there is also for OnePlus Nord.
I would like to report some errors that I have found since I started using this OS (I don’t know if this is the right place to do it sorry).

1. On the Aurora Store there is always a Google Play Services update that fails to perform.
  2. The switch between cameras does not work well, often a green screen and error messages appear (with both native Camera app and Open Camera).
  3. And sometimes the clock widget disappears on the Home screen, if I click and hold to move it reappears.
    The rest seems to be working fine.
    Has anyone else had these problems?
    Thanks for the work you are doing.

Nothing to do with the OS. Everything you didn’t install with Aurora Store should better be put in Aurora Store’s blacklist so that it doesn’t look for unnecessary updates (yes, I know, this means many, many Apps to blacklist, but it avoids confusion for you and the system :wink: ).

The Google Play Services update gets offered because microG poses as those Google Play Services, Aurora Store can’t distinguish the two (which means mission accomplished for microG on that front).

1 Like

I upgraded my Samsung S9+ (star2lte) a few days ago. I bought this phone from esolutions.shop. Here’s some feedback about what’s different, from my experience:

• had to re-add fingerprints for biometric auth
  • Nextcloud Talk feels faster
  • Maps has more relevant nearby search results
  • bluetooth disconnects and crashes often when I try to use it with my car - maybe one of these issues is related? I don’t recall this happening much before, maybe just a few times in the past year or so. Now it happens all the time in my car. My Bluetooth headset (airpods pro) seems to work fine before & after upgrading.
  • I’m now experiencing https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/2049
  • camera app now has a floating camera icon with a little plus sign hovering over the zoom slider
  • my alarms worked and stayed enabled, no issues there

I’d like to contribute this info, thumbs-ups, comments, etc on the /e/ gitlab instance but I’m unable to register. I get 1 error prohibited this user from being saved: Email is not allowed for sign-up. Check with your administrator. I tried with a gmail account and one with my own domain, same result for both.

Here’s the camera app artifact:

2 Likes

I can confirm the icon glitch in the camera app

Moreover it appears that the camera ID does not change

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @meonkeys ,For access to the Gitlab pl send a mail to helpdesk@e.email with the ID you are using to access it.

1 Like

/!\
I installed the V0.21 on my preinstalled /e/ S9 via the notification of the settings app and it didin’t work. My phone never boots correctly (bootloop). I created a topic : Bootloop after installing V0.21 on preinstalled /e/ S9

Hi @Manoj is there any user documentation available telling us the actual method employed by the System OTA Upgrade of Android version from Oreo to Q on Samsung devices (stable) to help users with difficulties with #ota-upgrade?

There is no document as such. It was released, as a one click upgrade. I believe the user has already contacted support team with the details.

3 Likes

Hi!
Until now haven’t got an update for my stable FP3 Android 9 from 0.20 to 0.21

FP3 stable is on Q now. The stable v0.21 Q builds have been released for the device.

I bought from /e/store with Android Pie at that time and I don’t have enough knowledge to upgrade to Q by myself. At the first post you say 0.21 was released also for Pie. What I’m saying is that I didn’t got it until now.

here are the parameters of this upgrade :

I have the same situation. FP3 Stable Android 9 and no update 0.20 → 0.21.

Thank you! They helped me get access to GitLab.

Re: Bluetooth crashing / car audio… it sounds like there’s at least a few reports in the issue tracker. Here’s one: Random bluetooth crashes (#3887) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

This one actually has some logs attached: starlte : Bluetooth crashes on trying to connect to bluetooth car audio. (#4748) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab (but it is re: starlte, not star2lte).

Anyway, let me know if there’s more I could do. For example: try to repro, capture logs, screenshots, whatever might help.

Okay, I thought it was such a problem. Now I’ve blacklisted, thanks.
Anyone else have the problem of the switch between cameras?

Hi @meonkeys,
Thank you for your feedback and I have the same camera icon over the zoom slider in the camera App with my S9 (Starlte with V0.21Q)
Can you confirm me if the slow charge mode is working fine on your S9+ ? Mine is not working and I 'd like to know if it is only on the S9. You can find the details in these following Gitlab issues:
Slow charge mde inoperative and some settings reset after reboot.

Thanks,

@Manoj
Hello Manoj,
Like Hermano and Eugene_72 wrote, I also bought my FP3 stable Android 9 in the /e/ shop.
But till now there is unlike what is mentioned at “https:gitlab.e.foundation” no update from 020–> 0.21.
Thanks, Huib43

1 Like

Update of my Murena S9 OTA without any problems. Thank you very much.
I’m awaiting the update to R. :wink:

1 Like

Yep, I’m seeing both of those on my S9+ / star2lte.

Hello all,
I made the S9 OTA Upgrade to Android 10 (incl. encryption during upgrade). (I use the stable version).
I noticed a very strange behavior. During the first hour after the upgrade, my S9 was permanently rebooting every one or two minutes without special activity. Without doing anything, it stopped rebooting, and seems to be now stable. I suspect Android disabled the guilty app or service, but I have no clue what it could be. I guess some logs should be able to tell me more, but I have no clue where to look for. Any help to allow me to understand what went wrong is more than welcome ! As the issue is not understood, I am afraid it could pop up randomly.
Cedric