Week 06, 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

Dear @Manoj ,
As a few of us told before, we know it was released but we are not getting the update.
Cheers

Hi @Hermano which OS version of the FP3 stable build are you checking for

Looks like they are still on Pie, as being on Q would still require a manual upgrade on an FP3. So it seems they are looking for the 0.21 Pie update which wouldn’t be covered by https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/.

4 Likes

Thanks @AnotherElk

Hi @Hermano @huib43 if you are on the Pie stable builds, then the release has still not gone out. I checked with the team a little while back, and they said they can look into this on Monday…tomorrow

2 Likes

Hello @Manoj
Just like @AnotherElk said I am on the Pie stable build.
Thanks for your attention
Huib

Whilst reading about, and downloading the new updates, please donate to the foundation, to ensure this software keeps being supported.

These people don’t have Apples resources or income stream.

One off or monthly. I have just made another donation.

I know times are hard for many, but think how much you will save by keeping your devices longer!

6 Likes

Is funny, because I have been using dark mode in Oreo without a problem.

On my FP3 that is rooted using Magisk 24.1 and where I have enabled the staging OTA server in the developer options menu, I got offered the following OTA update today:

https://test.ota.ecloud.global//builds/full/dev/FP3/e-0.22-q-20220205161668-dev-FP3.zip

I’ve tried this three times now, both with and without using Magisk to root the freshly flashed image before rebooting, and I reproducibly get the following error upon reboot:

[e logo]

Recovery
Version 0.22 ()
Active slot: b

Can’t load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device.

• Try again
  • Factory data reset

I could fix the error without data loss by not performing a factory data reset, but instead using fastboot --set-active=a to switch back to the old firmware slot, but you might wanna consider retracting that OTA update before it causes problems to more people (even though it’s a staging update).

Regards
Pascal

It’s there for testers. And installing on phones with Magisk installed is not comething I’ve seen on any of the test plans. It would be great if you could raise a gitlab issue, so that this does get tested befor release to non-tester users

Enabling OTA server options is for testers. v0.22 has not been released or QA tested as yet. Pl wait for the tested version to be released or if interested you can join the testing team.

1 Like