Builds and Releases

v0.22

• OS versions released

• Q
    • Pie
  • Updates coming in v0.22 get details

• Some issues will be marked as confidential and not be visible to all users

• Release notes

• If your phone has not received the Q or Pie v0.22 build, pl let me know and can have that checked.

• Release Pending on

• R
    • Oreo
    • Nougat

check section on Nougat Builds below

• Some Builds were held back due to this issue Issue detected on double SIM devices post release of v0.22

• Team working on these OS version releases

:information_source: Difference between the dev, test and stable builds read this guide

Devices which are still on builds prior to v0.22

• Builds that failed in previous iterations are targeted for release in v0.22

OS OTA Upgrade

s9 / s9+

• Release was sent out to all users.
  • Issues have been reported by some of the users who got the upgradesā€¦this has been shared with the dev team and will be investigated and resolved.

:crossed_fingers: Hope to build up on the learning from this exercise to develop upgrade builds for other devices. First preference would be devices we sell on the eSolutions Shop. No ETAs as of now for this activity.

s7

• As mentioned earlier, we do aim to upgrade the build to Android 10 or /e/Q. The plan is to deliver this upgrade OTA. No ETAā€™s for now.

GSI

The GSI build issues have been fixed and v0.22 should be released soon.

Nougat Builds

We have been facing build issues on multiple devices which are still exclusively on Nougat OS. We will attempt to upgrade all these devices to the latest OS version where ever possible. If the attempts to upgrade the OS are not successful, we will inform the users and stop maintaining those devices. This would mean that the build versions will not be updated or bugs specific to nougat will not be fixed.

Development Activity

A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on

• Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
  • eDrive code refactoring to optimize the application
  • Updating Applications where forked ā€¦ongoing task
  • Comprehensive updates to the AppStoreā€¦nearing completion
  • EasyInstaller to adapt to upgrade OS buildsā€¦investigation only
  • v.0.23 fixes and updates

This is a subset of what the team is working on. Most of these tasks are under development and testing phase. Some of the issues will be confidential and not visible to all users.

Device Specific Announcements

:loudspeaker: Gigaset GS290
We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.

:loudspeaker: Teracube 2e
Users, please be aware that as of now the 2e is only compatible with Android 10 or /e/ Q build. This information is also shared on the 2e forum and on the /e/ install guide

• While these issues are getting resolved, we have removed the 2e from the list of devices supported on the EasyInstaller

:loudspeaker: Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners

• Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
  • The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
  • To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: FP4 back in stock

We have received additional stock of FP4 devices as of last week. Those interested in purchasing should do so on the eSolutions Shop ā€¦while stocks last

:crossed_fingers: Efforts to port new devices continue and details will be shared once we have working builds available.

Work at /e/

This post will be updated through the week

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

11 Likes

Can you please provide link that shows what is going in 0.23 milestone?
There used to provide link before.
Thanks

Samsung S9

e_starlte-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20220201.120616 dev-keys,stable-release

/e/os
0.21-20220201158537
android 10

Hi, my S9 hasnā€™t got 0.22 update yet. I had problems with ota update o ā†’ q, and I had to reinstall whole system.

This is the reason the s9 has not got the v0.22ā€¦team working on a fix

This info has been added in the initial thread

1 Like

You can give translation a test run here Getting started Weblate translating - Support topics 2022.

:blush: Forgive the plug !

Check Motorola Moto X Play (Lux) please?

https://images.ecloud.global/dev/lux/

Let me check and get back.

Since the update to 0.22 R on my Oneplus 5 (cheeseburger), I have a new shortcut on the homescreen called ā€œ@string/files_labelā€. When I open it, Explorer opens.

Can I delete the shortcut?

I experience the same, guess a string for the Documents app got missing :blush:

Edit: xz2c 0.22.3-q tag, unoffical build

2 Likes

I raised an issue for this in Gitlab
Hi @Skidrow @mihi Pl add device name details in your comments.

1 Like

raced you on this one, but probably needed the ā€œregressionā€ label. Itā€™s Weblate basically. Visit the merge comments too for the full picture ā†’ "Files" App label is showing string reference literally (#4954) Ā· Issues Ā· e / Backlog Ā· GitLab

I had the same issue and resolved it by renaming the shortcut manually.

My phone: Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) starlte

Thanks for creating the issue @tcecyk have closed the issue I created.

There is 0.22-r in the release notes. Ca we expect release of 0.22-r in these days?
Thanks

v0.22 dev build should be released for all devices. Which device are you on.

1 Like

thanks for the quick response. Iā€™m on Fairphone 4

Are you referring to the /e/ R v0.22 dev image for the FP4? It is available here

1 Like

I thought I was on dev, but I just checked and Iā€™m on stable, so Iā€™ll wait a bit more :slight_smile:

Update of my S9+ (star2lte [1]) and all is OK. :clap:
All seems to work well. No pbm of any kind.
But the size of the build had jump from 792 Mo to 1.2 Go !
Thanks

[1] : bought from esolutions.shop

1 Like