Status: Undergoing Testing
The next major milestone for /e/OS is the release of v1.0.
With this, we will move out of the beta phase and release v1.0 builds for all users. This will not include Oreo or Nougat devices (refer to details in the
Oreo and Nougat devices section below)
Milestone details here
Some issues in the gitlab may be marked confidential by their owners and will not be visible to all.
Issues get marked confidential as they contain user logs or user device information. At times when we are working on a new feature and not exactly sure if it will work, we mark it confidential during the development phase.
ETA for release 24 May 2022
The code name for this release is Alicante
We will not have a v0.24 as the build numbering will now start with v1.0
Answers to some queries around v1.0
- The v1.0 release does not mean we will have no bugs pending in the /e/OS gitlab.
Dev team will be prioritizing issues and will fix them. You can check the fixes coming as part of v1.0 in the milestone link shared above.
GSI builds will be available even after release of v1.0
- Sources of last GSI release are available here
New Murena.io email IDs + hide-my-email + email filters
Check these guides for more information on
New Murena.io ID’s
- Users with a /e/OS email ID get an additional murena.io email ID.
- Get an alias email ID. Use this alias to sign on to social media sites and hide you main email ID
Setting email filters
- Learn how to set up email filters and organize your emails
Check out the list of devices we will add or existing one that will be upgraded. These builds will come along with the v1.0
- OS version will be /e/OS R
This will be the last release before v1.0
OS versions released
- R - dev & stable
- Q - dev & stable
- Pie - dev
OS version Not released
- We are testing the OTA OS upgrade for s7 / s7 edge.
- With the focus on v1.0 there is a slight delay here. Do not have an ETA on the release as yet.
- We will try to upgrade devices where possible. Builds are failing for devices on these two operating systems. We may eventually have to drop support for devices stuck on Oreo and Nougat unless we get ROM Maintainers willing to build and debug issues for Oreo and Nougat
- We had a request for log files for these failed builds. Checked and found, team does not retain log files. May be users who make unofficial build for nougat and Oreo can pitch in.
- A new Docker image has been released
- If you use Docker for your builds, upgrade to this Docker build before running your custom-builds.
- Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
- You will have to install git-lfs (
sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
- After completing a repo sync, you will have to run
repo forall -c 'git lfs pull'
- You will have to install git-lfs (
Reason behind these changes:
We have the device porting team publish some documentation around this
Status: In Progress
A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on
- Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
- eDrive code refactoring to optimize the application
- Updating Applications where forked …ongoing task
- EasyInstaller to adapt to upgrade OS builds…investigation only
- /e/OS S or Android 12 …porting activity will be planned after v1.0
This is a subset of what the team is working on. Most of these tasks are under development and testing phase. Some of the issues will be confidential and not visible to all users.
- Read all about the /e/OS plans for 2022 and beyond
Teracube 2e and emerald
Teracube users please note there are two different versions of the device now. 2020 released devices are classified as 2e on our site, and those released in 2021 are code named emerald. We have added a warning in the guides to help users. 2e guide and emerald guide.
- We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
/e/OS Pre flashed device sales
- We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
- Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
- In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site
Porting and New Devices
- Efforts to port new devices continue and details will be shared once we have working builds available
- Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to
- Community Support…English
- French public channel
- Community Support,French