Week 23, 2022: Development and Testing Updates

en cours! Thanks!

1 Like

It’s here! Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

All pl note : The s7 / s7+ builds OS OTA upgrade or the manual downloads for the s7 / s7+ will not be available over the weekend. We will resume the downloads on Monday 13 June. This is being done to avoid issues during the weekend.

2 Likes

I’ve just seen that post. I was waiting for Pie update fro my Xiaomi Mi 8.
I will have to try to upgrade from Pie to Q.

@loki I’ve updated my old Mi8 to /e/ v1.0 (android 11) and everything looks well.

hi, @karibooooo it’s not me that flashed the first time my phone
I looked at this thread, now closed,

and it is said I must upgrade the firmware before the OS,
but I only found those firmware
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/dipper/
where did you found the firmware for android 11 ?
(maybe you could open a thread about how upgrading to R ?)

@loki

1. You could download Miui recovery and firmware on Mi 8 (dipper) MIUI Downloads | Xiaomi Firmware Updater
  2. If you’ve choosen Q (android 10) for Miui version, then, to get /e/ for Q, go on /e/ image ROM download
  3. Then, you could upgrade to /e/ v.1.0 from e-0-22 or 23

Don’t forget to follow steps fir Mi8 (dipper) on
Info about Xiaomi Mi 8 - dipper

ok,thanks
but how did you get android 11 (R) on your device ?
(I don’t find firmware update to android 11)

surnia has the same SoC as a harpia and osprey that both saw a 1.0 release and are on Q. Surnia had a 0.23 build though. If there are build errors I could go after them if I can access the build log @Manoj

(there are unofficial lineage 19 builds for both surnia and harpia at xda, will be interesting if those ever come back to official 19)

@loki Android 11 on Mi 8: with the last update of /e/. V.1.0 (as attached)

I successfully installed the stable version of /e/ v1.0 (Q) on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and am very pleased with the experience so far! Big up to the whole team for supporting all of these devices still :slight_smile:

1 Like