Week 31, Development and Testing Updates

Thanks for clearing that up.
However, for understanding as well as for avoiding confusion and unnecessary troubleshooting wasting a lot of users time in the future …

The OTA update file was and still is available on https://ota.ecloud.global/api/v1/FP6/official/.

  • Why is the file available to users while some testing results are still pending?
    (Users can install this update file via recovery afterall. That it is available would suggest it’s safe to install.)

  • Is https://ota.ecloud.global/api/v1/FP6/official/ the OTA update server an FP6 /e/OS updater connects to?
    If it is, how can users see that a release delay is in effect while the update file is already available?

5 Likes

Have asked the team to check the access to the servers.

5 Likes

If you don’t mind loss of all data, you can do an upgrade from latest A14 (4.0) to new A16 4.1.1 with the script in the manual. Anyway: I have done so with my avicii. Perhaps there is a risk but for me it worked

that’s pretty great and was a missing lego brick

Could you please look into Android Auto compatibility again. At least on FP5 and 4.1.1 you get an Error 14 again. On another FP4 device with 4.1.0 AA is still working.

Sending you a DM for your details to fork the project.

@davidvanwijk I’m confused: where would I get A14 with version 4.0?
The device is stuck on 3.1 because there has not been any new release to A14 for a year, hence my question to @Manoj
Also not losing data kind of is the whole point of waiting for the OTA :sweat_smile:

Forgive me sounding pedantic, please can you clarify that to use the documentation Edit button users must first ask for specific Gitlab fork permission.

I have updated the content in the initial post. The developers need to put in some more refinements to make the click and start editing feature. For now, it will be ‘send me your gitlab ID and I can get the required access’.

3 Likes

Hi @Manoj ,

is there any new information yet about the update for the FP6?

Thank you in advance.

If you look up the flow of posts the answer is there, just give them a chance​:slightly_smiling_face::

Manoj /e/ support

1d

FP6 A16 rollout may be delayed as we await some testing results. Will update on the rollout once we get the results.

@grzecel

I’ve already read the message.
I just wanted to ask if there’s any new info from the dev team.

If not, that’s fine.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no. We await an EU Energy Label test results in order to proceed with roll-out for FP6 v4.1.1 build.

These reports are available here. It has been made mandatory recently by for the newer devices we sell or sold. And should go out with each release - major or minor.

The team is working on getting the reports ASAP so that the rollout may continue and also working on a mechanism by which it would not get delayed in each release.

We expect to publish the FP6 v4.1.1 build by tomorrow - Friday after receiving the report.

Some of the other devices which get this report …

11 Likes

Thanks for the background information, appreciated. Good to hear it’s not bc of some issue/bug.

1 Like

Thanks @Manoj for the update.

When i follow the link for the FP6 I can read the document.

But what I don’t get is: “battery replaceable by user” it says “no”.

Its the whole thing about the FairPhone, parts to be replaced by the user……

Thanks in advance and for all the effort of you and the team for making e/os a great experience !

Hi,

Plesse check information for FairPhone 5. It says under, User replaceable battery : false ‘ which is not true.

Oliver

Thanks for pointing that out @Chris8 @olli0371. We do not edit those pages or links. Will pass it to the teams who can update the info on the EU energy label site.

@Manoj

Thanks for the info.
As eos_fan mentioned, we’re glad it’s not a bug in the software.

I do have one question, though.
You mentioned Murena Shop. Are the official manufacturer stores, like the FairPhone Shop, included in that?

The Murena Shop is where we sell phones with /e/OS preinstalled on them. You can check the murena website and go to the shop link in the tab.
Further information regarding the Murena Shop and services would be available with the helpdesk team which is accessible through the contact form here.

I know.
The reason I’m asking is because I bought my FP6 from the FairPhone Shop.
That’s why I asked that strange question.