Will there be a IMG release as well? Have a new FP6 with android i’d like to install /e/os on but my security update is in juli and the builds are A15, june.
Thanks a bunch! I’ll try that out!
I downloaded this file now several days ago and installed via local update with the updater!
Some observations:
Update worked smooth.
Since the update I encounter several issues:
- Updates via APP lounge: can start updates but the updates seem to randomly freeze and stay at 0% (no changes in internet connection) and then continue sometimes, sometimes not.
- Several applications (Spotify, a german radio app DLF, others) take ages to load.
- In contrast internet connection via browser works as always.
When applying this manual installation, will future OTA updates still work, or will it be ‚manual update channel‘ only?
There is no “manual update channel” only for regular OTA updates within the same Android version, the updater doesn’t care how the version you have running now got there the last time you updated.
Android version upgrades, however, are manual only unless and until the developers get around to prepare and test and release an OTA Android version upgrade for a particular upgrade step on a particular device.
My personal understanding would be that as long as you bought the handset with e/OS pre-loaded (FP6 e/OS) it should not make any difference where you bought it.
As far as I know, for e/OS related queries the Fairphone Support direct their customers to Murena quite often.
Which phone do you have ?
Sry didnt mention as I refered to the post of @AnotherElk
It’s the Fairphone6
Hi, apologies if I have missed the updates about the Sony XA2 “pioneer” ….
For Android 16, I see the 3.6 from March and the 3.7 from April, is there any further update (without going to Android 15)?
Thank you in advance
Will check and update