- Released on dev channel last week
- Issues of no dailer audio specific to the Fairphones was resolved and released as a separate OTA build for the FP users.
- Issues in the v0.18
Issues raised on the v0.18 build will be shared as part of v0.19…ETA not available as yet
Pending for release on v0.18
- Stable builds
- dev Nougat builds
Expect to release both this week
To understand difference between build types read this guide
Update 31 Aug
- Stable v0.18 builds are rolling out for eligible devices.
- Delay in the initial release of Week 34
The combined builds for week 34 and 35 should be released this week.
- Delay was due to some work pending on the release manifest
- Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices…find out which devices will be released in which week
Update 1 Sep
- First set of /e/ R devices of week 34 released.
- Week 35’s devices as per plan expected to be released before end of this week
Update 2 Sep
- /e/ R builds for Week 35 for new and existing devices has been released.
You can manually download the /e/ R builds for the devices of Week 34 and 35 here
Device release list can be modified in case builds fail or issues arise during the build process
Devices with Stock 11 ROM should flash stock before flashing /e/R .
Pl note this will wipe out your existing data. Take backups if required.
The manual upgrade is required as the default Updater application does not upgrade the OS and on detecting a different OS tends to block the installation. Read the next section for details about a solution for this issue
- One key issue we realized during the builds this week is that we need to upgrade our infra considerably to be able to handle this large number of builds
- Testing to start in the coming week to check the modified updater which allows an OTA (over the air) upgrade of the OS.
- Test specifically on the international variant of the S9 (SM-G960F). If successful we will work later on adapting this to other devices.
- First we will test this internally. Then with the team of volunteers who have been waiting for a long time
- Upgrade process works on both the S9 and S9+ international variant. The ones with ‘F’ in the devicecode
- Pl note this upgrade method will not work on the korean variant devices…device code will have N in them.
This thread will be updated through the week